Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True - one had been solid up until that season though and no-one could've predicted how rapid his demise would be (Distin, although anyone would've put money on a 37yo slowing up at some point)...

...and one who is remembered unkindly for several, stand-out woeful displays, but rightly so... and was always a bit suspect at Wigan as well.

But I'm just wetting my nickers over someone I haven't seen play yet and might come good. Just seems like he can only be a 'very good' signing or will earn the reputation of being a 'total flop' if he gets a run of games due to injury and doesn't perform.

FWIW I agree that we need to sign someone experienced who will be happy with limited game time - giving time to allow our youngsters to develop.

That said I wouldn't mind signing someone who will be a medium term replacement for Jagielka

Bit tentative about this guy - despite not having seen him play, in true Evertonian fashion - as he would surely need some game time to adapt...

...and I know we need just need cover but I'm worried he wouldn't get a chance to prove himself unless it was under pressure in place of an injured Stones/Jags... hopefully he comes (and is boss), because we do need the personnel... but a seasoned veteran would have been less risky, for me, at this point.

Me too. I'd rather get Lescott. Cheap, proven, can cover left back and can play well with Jags.

Can't wait for Deadline Day.

Going with

In
Mori - 4M
Yarmolenko - 12M
Pato - Loan
Jese - Loan
Song - 4M

Out
Gibson - 2M
Piennar - Free
Osman - 500k
Hibbert - Free

The chances of the above happening are... zero.
So wait - in your admitted dream scenario we KEEP McGeady and get rid of Osman?

It's my contention that, and it's a near complete guess, that we've brought in the small deals (Del,Clev) to be able to pay a decent fee for just a playmaker and possibly this Funes Mori and a loan striker
I hope your right.but I've been a Blue too long to hold my breath on that happening.Or are you the ITK???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back