Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why haven't we signed a keeper? Howard might have one decent year left in him but a bloody cow would do better than Robles. At least it would fill up some of the net.

What if we sign yarmolenko though and he's poo and shiqiri is dead good?

*slaps own face

There is always a risk on how new signings will turn out.
In this instance (assuming we complete yarmolenko signing), this imo is the correct call.
Yarm has been consistent in a phyiscal ukrainan league, great goalscoring and assist record over the last few seasons, and completely clowned us in the Europa (and was one of the best players in the entire competition)

Whilst Shaqiri, who was great at Basle which is less superior league than Ukranian, has pretty much flopped at Bayern and Inter.

Ontop of of that , Physically Yarmolenko looks more likely to be able to handle the PL than Shaqiri

So from a Logical perspective, This is the right move for us.

Of course logic does not always work in reality, and if Shaq does end up being a better fit then it just has to be put down as one of those situations.

I genuinely hate football when it comes to transfer windows. Who are the absolute cleft lips who pretend to be "in the know"? It drives me up the wall.

Any Google translation will change something that reads in Ukranian as "Toffees to offer contract to Yarmolenko" to "Yarmolenko gifted butterscotch papers". Fudge = toffees mate.
Haha. Does seem like someone with an outdated dictionary looking up every individual word one at a time.

The dangers of literal translation are summed up in an old linguists joke for me

If you take the expression 'Out of sight, out of mind' and translate it literally into Russian then translate it literally back into English, it comes back as 'Blind idiot'.

Reactions: Jxg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back