Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this captures my sentiment perfectly. Being an economist and a lover of sports, especially Everton, I have thought the distinct upward trend over the years with no influx of money as one of the greatest things a board and team can achieve. It's a complete anomaly in the english game, but happens quite a bit more in the U.S. (Over here because of wage-bill caps, shrewd general managers and organizations are applauded, buying teams is looked down upon) Everton have over achieved considering wage bill and net transfer.

I know that those fans from the 80's will say that we are not following NSNO, but I think that its completely the opposite. Kenwright and the boards biggest problem with the fans that want them out, is a lack of transparency. They really don't tell you where the money has gone, but with that said they have been the statistical outlier over the last decade in almost every sporting/finanacial model. I believe that this generation of Everton players , may be able to "moneyball" their way into the big 4 teams.

Anyways, I'll go back to just reading all the boards, just wanted to throw my voice into the ring.

Charles
There is a big difference between the 'Kenwright Out!' brigade, and those of us who are, with financially rational consideration, calling for action to stimulate this club's future 'return'. I fully appreciate the 'needs must' mentality that necessarily prevailed at EFC over the recent years...such was manifested in player sales to bridge operating/working capital deficits. But the TV money has ameliorated those issues. We are no longer in fire fighting mode.
Thus, we discuss regeneration and future 'productivity' and the fundamental issue regarding this is investment capital. @the esk has covered this very cogently in recent posts.
I believe it is totally appropriate for stakeholders in EFC to pose difficult and challenging questions to the Board of Everton, and also to propose financial mechanism expediting growth of our club. And yes, whilst there is,at the end of the day, an element of 'put up or move aside', such is generally made on a constructive basis .

Bild says we're in for Bayern Munich defender Dante, with Leverkusen and Mochengladback also interested.

I'm not sure how I feel about this - he looks slow and error prone but I've seen like 2 games with him, and one was the 7-1 IIRC

Interesting.webp

Fellani, Anichebe, and Jelavic the year before when we only bought Kone/McCarthy and Martinez said over the winter TF window that he was saving his $ for the summer.
In actual cash, we spent 24.5 mio on players in 2014, we received 19.5 mio. Presumably (and the balance sheet debtor item attests to this) we are still due some 20 odd million. None of us (yet) know how much was paid up front for Lukaku, but going from the bank balance at May 2014, we can say the TV monies have 66% funded that purchase. My rough calculations thus conclude about 10 million plus say 50% of amortisation is available to RM...18mio all up? The residual amortisation expense item (being non cash) I would imagine will be applied to debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back