Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we would sign Charlie Austin. Today he scores a brace. 4 goals in 4 games this season.you know what you get from him instead of a guy from uruguay.
Look at the comments this week from the West Hams owner about his knees. I find it interesting that no one has bought him by now so perhaps there is something in that? I personally wouldn't want the club to spend over the odds for an English player, especially if he injury prone.

I get that goal/assist stats are important, but there is far more depth to football than just that.

Naismith might score a lot of goals compared to Lennon, but you have to look at the impact on the players around him. It's a team game. I mentioned Coleman as his form improved noticeably when Lennon arrived (Seamus said as much himself), because he had an intelligent footballer ahead of him who had the presence of mind and physical fitness to cover for him at any point during the 90 minutes. For a team like us, having wide men who work well with their fullback is utterly key.

This he offered us another dimension to spring on the counter attack and break with pace. That was blindingly obvious, part of our problem first half of the season was poor defending, but the slow methodical pocession based football we exhibited also was predictable and blunted our cutting edge. Lennons pace gave us another approach. It's no coincidence our results and performances of our other players improved remarkably when he joined.

I reckon Austin will go to Spurs, what happened to be rumours around that Uruguayan with he sexy name? I've never heard of him but he sounds like the best player ever.

I reckon Austin will go to Spurs, what happened to be rumours around that Uruguayan with he sexy name? I've never heard of him but he sounds like the best player ever.

Suarez? Went to Barca mate. Got lucky getting all the tap ins from Wee Raheem Wright Philips one season and the catalans bought him. Wasted their money, kopites had them off. Jelavic was better.

Suarez? Went to Barca mate. Got lucky getting all the tap ins from Wee Raheem Wright Philips one season and the catalans bought him. Wasted their money, kopites had them off. Jelavic was better.

Did I dream the rumours of a South American striker signing being imminent? I'm sure I saw it this morning!

Look at the comments this week from the West Hams owner about his knees. I find it interesting that no one has bought him by now so perhaps there is something in that? I personally wouldn't want the club to spend over the odds for an English player, especially if he injury prone.
Austin went berserk at those comments - 'impugning his professionalism'.

There's no way a PL clubs are going to leave him to play Championship footy with QPR though. Someone WILL put about £10M down on the table for him and a deal will be done. There's just too many clubs with cash slushing about for it not to happen.

Didnt the westham chairman come out and say he was put of by Austin injuries and everyone knows about his knee.

They didn't have a problem signing Demba Ba when we pulled out for exactly the same reason... and look what happened there. Perhaps we should turn the tables this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back