Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin went berserk at those comments - 'impugning his professionalism'.

There's no way a PL clubs are going to leave him to play Championship footy with QPR though. Someone WILL put about £10M down on the table for him and a deal will be done. There's just too many clubs with cash slushing about for it not to happen.
So what have they been waiting for? WBA for example went and spent 12m on some striker when they could have had him.

That's the thing, I don't think QPR are desperate to sell, at the end of the day if Austin can get them back up into the prem, then that's worth a lot more than they would get for him now, even if they got the £15m they want.

yeah hey have prob worked a figure that makes it worth keeping him and losing him on a free, I suspect they will sell for 12 mill tho not 15mill

Austin on loan for a season isn't impossible for someone or other.

Can't see it being us though, especially if we sign this obscure Uruguayan striker.

Even if he had longer than the 12 mths left on his contract, why would they loan him out when he's the player who could get them back into the prem?

Extend his contract at the same time and his value could go up, and they don't keep an unhappy player. Also means they could still keep him long term if promoted.

Even if he had longer than the 12 mths left on his contract, why would they loan him out when he's the player who could get them back into the prem?
Not unheard of if they're confident of going up anyway without him. Ship out the wages for a year, player doesn't want to leave but wants prem football. If they went back up then Austin just slots back in. I think they've done it in the past, was it mbia? Sorry edit it was said above, did it with remy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back