Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything if it's true about Sergi Roberto, which it probably isn't, I'd say Gibson is off.
Or we've decided that all the experienced left CBs we were looking at have ended up elsewhere/too expensive/injury prone so going to go with Barry as Jag's backup in the role.

Would mean we could save all the money for a playmaker, give Browning and Galloway more of a chance to shine without someone blocking their path and loan another Barca youngster as DM cover. Barry played CB in his youth and he started out there today before Besic's injury.

Doubt it as don't think Fourth Official has the contacts he used to have so the Roberto link is probably jarg.

We're actively trying to find a CB. Proven by Ogbonna. No need to panic.

Would like Roberto, having a positive Relationship with One of if not the biggest / best clubs in the world can only be a good thing.

But hoping we sign a Cheap version of David Silva. Wouldn't mind taking punts on players from Europe. Even if it's just to give Barkley some competition rather than seeing him drag his heels every week and under performing.

Or we've decided that all the experienced left CBs we were looking at have ended up elsewhere/too expensive/injury prone so going to go with Barry as Jag's backup in the role.

Would mean we could save all the money for a playmaker, give Browning and Galloway more of a chance to shine without someone blocking their path and loan another Barca youngster as DM cover. Barry played CB in his youth and he started out there today before Besic's injury.

Doubt it as don't think Fourth Official has the contacts he used to have so the Roberto link is probably jarg.

Interesting shout. Would you be comfortable going into the season with only Barry as experienced CB cover?

If that were to happen I'd like to see a bit of money spent on a back up striker as well as a playmaker as Kone just doesn't cut the mustard.

Interesting shout. Would you be comfortable going into the season with only Barry as experienced CB cover?

If that were to happen I'd like to see a bit of money spent on a back up striker as well as a playmaker as Kone just doesn't cut the mustard.
Not really, for the reasons @Gwladys St. Glory pointed out.

But all transfer windows are a bit of risk and you are usually leaving yourself short in some area. If, and this is a huge if, we could get say Ospina, a good playmaker and a backup striker could we perhaps just pray to the injury gods that both Jags and Stones stayed healthy all season?

As I said, the link is probably rubbish, was just playing with options.

Reactions: axl

I'd deffo go for Ziyech...absolutely what we need. As a back up striker, id look at N'Doye, Lens or Jimmy Briand on a free. Centre back maybe Zombrano or Mazuch on a free as back up...

Don't think we will lose anyone decent now. McCarthy is just paper talk, he'll get a new deal at some point. Mirallas was putting out feelers for a CL club, but none are interested and I don't think he will mind staying now. Coleman/Lukaku/Stones rumours are silliness.

I'd say we will flog McGeady at least, and there will still be money around. A loan for Roberto would be handy, but there needs to be one more big in to go with a backup CB. Guessing at names is a waste of time, but I trust they'll sort it out. Even if they don't, not much I can do.

I reckon we're in for a better season than last for sure, and with a couple more ins will be very competitive indeed.

Don't think we will lose anyone decent now. McCarthy is just paper talk, he'll get a new deal at some point. Mirallas was putting out feelers for a CL club, but none are interested and I don't think he will mind staying now. Coleman/Lukaku/Stones rumours are silliness.

I'd say we will flog McGeady at least, and there will still be money around. A loan for Roberto would be handy, but there needs to be one more big in to go with a backup CB. Guessing at names is a waste of time, but I trust they'll sort it out. Even if they don't, not much I can do.

I reckon we're in for a better season than last for sure, and with a couple more ins will be very competitive indeed.
Loan for TURAN........ would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back