Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe we've been beaten to two players by West Ham. What an utter embarrassment our 'club' is.

It's only paper talk saying we were intrested. Chill mate.....I'd say 9 times out of 10, if we want a player we get him and don't loose him to teams like west ham/stoke etc. it's usually only when the big boys come in we loose a player!

Barry should probably move back into defence as were overloaded with centre midfielders now and he's no spring chicken so could extend his career a bit.

Or we've decided that all the experienced left CBs we were looking at have ended up elsewhere/too expensive/injury prone so going to go with Barry as Jag's backup in the role.

Would mean we could save all the money for a playmaker, give Browning and Galloway more of a chance to shine without someone blocking their path and loan another Barca youngster as DM cover. Barry played CB in his youth and he started out there today before Besic's injury.

Doubt it as don't think Fourth Official has the contacts he used to have so the Roberto link is probably jarg.

It's only paper talk saying we were intrested. Chill mate.....I'd say 9 times out of 10, if we want a player we get him and don't loose him to teams like west ham/stoke etc. it's usually only when the big boys come in we loose a player!

Think people are underestimating the pull of west ham at the min. New stadium and Europe make them an attractive sell at the moment, plus they are willing to spend a lot more on wages etc.

......because of recent successes with veteran CBs (Gough, Distin, Weir etc) I mentioned Ron Vlaar a week or so ago and notice the Mirror are running a story that we are interested. A few rags also noting Spurs interest in James McCarthy.

......but a club that could be very well placed strategically. As well as being London based I can understand why players find them an attractive proposition.

Ofcourse. It's clear that London is attractive to many players. Im not fuzzed about it though. West Ham aint got s*** on us.

our midfield is very congested as it is . Although do believe there is something in the Sergio Roberto story . But is it Barry moving back ? Or is he going ? Gibson ? Players will leave as first team seems to be top heavy . Nothing will happen till they return from Asia I would imagine

McCarthy is going nowhere. He doesn't want to Move and Bobby certainly doesn't want him to move.

If for some reason he were to go to Spurs then it would end in apocalyptic fumes.

It would also be conclusive proof the @Moomin is actually Bill Kenwright as he's the only 'fan' that has been desperate to sell off Jamesey for some utterly nonsensical bigoted reason.

I've never once said we should sell him. Need to get rid of AIDS, ok to have one traitor in the club but not two.

Think people are underestimating the pull of west ham at the min. New stadium and Europe make them an attractive sell at the moment, plus they are willing to spend a lot more on wages etc.

Agree with this. West ham have hit the jackpot with the new stadium. Plus being in london and offering up the cash helps. Players coming from overseas will see them 3 ooints as a huge reason. For what its worth i dont think they have bought well and they still need to replace song and jenkinson. 2 of their best players last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back