Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Martinez and Woods have both now said that Stones won't be sold...not in this window anyway. The hold up with the Mori deal looks to be his work permit. And Roberto has said that he wants three players. Even if that includes Rodriguez, we must be working on a deal for another forward. So, it looks like we will have a successful window.

If we keep Stones, sign Mori and Rodriguez, Lennon and De Guzman or whatever his name is ( wih McGeady and Gibson leaving), along with this no 10 player he keeps moaning about- I'd be pretty happy best window in a long time.

So, if during this window we've:
  • kept Stones,
  • signed Garbutt, Jags, McCarthy and Mirallas to new deals,
  • brought in Deulofeu and Cleverley for a snip,
  • added Holman and Rodriguez to our 'golden generation',
  • purchased Mori, Yarmolenko/Bernard and, possibly, another striker
Would everyone be happy?

would anyone seriously expect better? pretty much perfect, with yarmolenko not bernard anyway.

So, if during this window we've:
  • kept Stones,
  • signed Garbutt, Jags, McCarthy and Mirallas to new deals,
  • brought in Deulofeu and Cleverley for a snip,
  • added Holman and Rodriguez to our 'golden generation',
  • purchased Mori, Yarmolenko/Bernard and, possibly, another striker
Would everyone be happy?

Seamus Holman... 60G'z, can't argue.

Been at the match and no internet left on my phone, update anyone please?! :)
Have you seen Martinez' post match comments?

Reporter: Will that be John Stones' last game for Everton, do you think?
Martinez: Not at all. I think... I feel really really disappointed that we don't protect our players in the transfer window... it should be the transfer window or official games it shouldn't be both overlapping each other...and John needs protection, we have fantastic plans for the future for him and we're gonna protect him. and maybe if the authorities cannot protect the players we'll do it ourselves, and it's going to be a strong statement that in life and in football, sometimes money can't buy everything.
Reporter: That sounds like a definitive 'he's not going.'
Martinez: Absolutely

Don't know if you were referring to incoming transfers, but I'm still buzzing about Martinez' response to the transfer request.

De Guzman would be a very disappointing signing but like anyone we'd give him a chance if he does join.

Not sure why people are slating Fazio - Sigurdsson was used terribly by Spurs and sold after a season, but how many of our fans would want him in?

Not really comparable there mate: Sigurdsson was used out wide and wasted, Fazio has been used in his only position and looked pants.

Today's going to be a good, just a feeling but I feel we're going to get some positive news.

Now watch us accept a bid for Stones after I've said that.

So not much movement on transfers in it seems, wonder if there is any workings on getting players out? Obvs not Stones here.

Reckon we can blag anyone to taking McGeady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back