Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably seen his every game for Milan (bar one or two) - he's struggled to adapt to Serie A, which suggests he'd struggle massively to adapt to the pace of the prem.

He's definitely talented, but is he more creative/better than Barkley? Absolutely not.

Yeah I feel like anyone wanting us to sign Honda hasn't really watched him of late. I think you can forgive a player not having resale value if they're going to make a big impact on the team, but I don't think he would. He's not been that good in the Italian league and I think he'd find it harder here.

However he is the exact type of player I think we should be looking at.

What on earth is the Daily Star's issue with Everton? Every article is about us selling a player, our fans chasing Stones, us failing to buy out sell on clauses etc. Why???

Further down the page is Paul Mersons take on it....terrible for an ex Arsenal player.
Tell where you disagree mate ...

"Everton are saying all the right things about trying to keep him, and the statement from the chairman was about as strong as you can get.
But it's hard to keep anyone who has handed in a transfer request because they don't want to be there.
I think he was wrong to do that. Go and see the manager and tell him how you feel and ask him much it would cost to let you go. Don't put in a transfer request."

Hard to disagree with that.

"But now that he has it's going to be hard for him. He will be the first one the fans turn on if things start going wrong there.
If he has a couple of bad games and they start slaughtering him he could end up having a nightmare. It could break him."

Not inconceivable if we are struggling at Christmas and the booing returns.

"We've seen young players under less pressure than that disappear before.
And if someone else has an amazing few months there's always the danger that Chelsea look elsewhere and he then has to cope with the disappointment of missing out in January as well.
I still think it will happen though. A lot can change by January and if you're Chelsea you don't make three bids for a player and then give up on him entirely.
Roberto Martinez has been talking tough. But you would expect him to be like that. I don't think it embarrasses him or undermines him if Stones eventually gets sold."

Is all that really so bad and wrong like most other articles?

RM :

''It is important Ramiro has signed, and is an Everton player, and is a important addition, with a winning mentality after winning the copa libertadores, and Leandro Rodriguez is a young striker, a poacher and we are hoping we can give him the right environment to develop him into a really interesting striker, we will carry on working through the next few days and see who we can bring in'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back