Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell where you disagree mate ...

"Everton are saying all the right things about trying to keep him, and the statement from the chairman was about as strong as you can get.
But it's hard to keep anyone who has handed in a transfer request because they don't want to be there.
I think he was wrong to do that. Go and see the manager and tell him how you feel and ask him much it would cost to let you go. Don't put in a transfer request."

Hard to disagree with that.

"But now that he has it's going to be hard for him. He will be the first one the fans turn on if things start going wrong there.
If he has a couple of bad games and they start slaughtering him he could end up having a nightmare. It could break him."

Not inconceivable if we are struggling at Christmas and the booing returns.

"We've seen young players under less pressure than that disappear before.
And if someone else has an amazing few months there's always the danger that Chelsea look elsewhere and he then has to cope with the disappointment of missing out in January as well.
I still think it will happen though. A lot can change by January and if you're Chelsea you don't make three bids for a player and then give up on him entirely.
Roberto Martinez has been talking tough. But you would expect him to be like that. I don't think it embarrasses him or undermines him if Stones eventually gets sold."

Is all that really so bad and wrong like most other articles?
Fair play mate,I was reading it as an Arsenal player I genuinely didnt know he was a Chelsea fan .
Words like "it could break him" didnt sound too good "doesnt want to be there" arnt helpful either.

Fair play mate,I was reading it as an Arsenal player I genuinely didnt know he was a Chelsea fan .
Words like "it could break him" didnt sound too good "doesnt want to be there" arnt helpful either.
Do you know many players that hand in a transfer request that want to be there?

Tell where you disagree mate ...

"Everton are saying all the right things about trying to keep him, and the statement from the chairman was about as strong as you can get.
But it's hard to keep anyone who has handed in a transfer request because they don't want to be there.
I think he was wrong to do that. Go and see the manager and tell him how you feel and ask him much it would cost to let you go. Don't put in a transfer request."

Hard to disagree with that.

"But now that he has it's going to be hard for him. He will be the first one the fans turn on if things start going wrong there.
If he has a couple of bad games and they start slaughtering him he could end up having a nightmare. It could break him."

Not inconceivable if we are struggling at Christmas and the booing returns.

"We've seen young players under less pressure than that disappear before.
And if someone else has an amazing few months there's always the danger that Chelsea look elsewhere and he then has to cope with the disappointment of missing out in January as well.
I still think it will happen though. A lot can change by January and if you're Chelsea you don't make three bids for a player and then give up on him entirely.
Roberto Martinez has been talking tough. But you would expect him to be like that. I don't think it embarrasses him or undermines him if Stones eventually gets sold."

Is all that really so bad and wrong like most other articles?
Meant to add Merson thinks Stones would learn more in just training at Chelsea than playing for Everton.Well sorry thats bullshine,the lads development has been
meteoric since he came here,he's almost guaranteed game time here .Being called up for England is tetsimony to that.Atm the best place is here for him.

Meant to add Merson thinks Stones would learn more in just training at Chelsea than playing for Everton.Well sorry thats bullshine,the lads development has been
meteoric since he came here,he's almost guaranteed game time here .Being called up for England is tetsimony to that.Atm the best place is here for him.
He would get a game in that rabble of a Chelsea defence right now...and I'm sure when he was chatting with Jose the last few weeks he would have been assured..hence the TR.

UOTE="kithnou, post: 3824560, member: 12304"]Do you know many players that hand in a transfer request that want to be there?[/QUOTE
No, but some have gone onto have great seasons after doing it...Suarez.

UOTE="kithnou, post: 3824560, member: 12304"]Do you know many players that hand in a transfer request that want to be there?[/QUOTE
Good point, and he increased his market value aswell. Good season with us and a decent Euros for England and we could be looking at David Luiz values and a bidding war between the Classicos in la Liga.

Correct. One season and he left as fast as he could. You think Stones will be here to see out his contract?

Good point, and he increased his market value aswell. Good season with us and a decent Euros for England and we could be looking at David Luiz values and a bidding war between the Classicos in la Liga.

Bayern are the main ones in Europe with a big eye on him - they've had scouts at a lot of our games last season, especially the ones in the EL. Pep likes him but doesn't think he's ready for that big of a step yet supposedly. Could be a different story if he moves to City next year.

Bayern are the main ones in Europe with a big eye on him - they've had scouts at a lot of our games last season, especially the ones in the EL. Pep likes him but doesn't think he's ready for that big of a step yet supposedly. Could be a different story if he moves to City next year.
At the moment yes, but we would be mad to cash in now with a tournament year in 12 months time when Stones can take the piss and shine in an extended Euros next summer.

Anyone read all this talk about "The One", and get a urge to watch The Matrix again?

That and as painful as it is to say it, eat the red pill.

640px-Red_and_blue_pill.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back