Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll definitely sign someone, other than lennon and mori.. i'm sure of it.

He can't have been banging on about a number ten all pre season if he doesn't bring one in.

we'll definitely sign someone, other than lennon and mori.. i'm sure of it.

He can't have been banging on about a number ten all pre season if he doesn't bring one in.
Perhaps Barkley's uptick in form has changed his mind.

Although I hope he has noticed that his uptick has mostly been when he played further back or when we were counter attacking.

Sabatini apologises to Genoa over Iturbe U-turn

Juan Iturbe was seemingly set to join Genoa until Roma changed their minds and decided to keep the forward.

Roma president Walter Sabatini has apologised to Genoa after he staged a dramatic U-turn and opted not to sell Juan Iturbe.

A deal was in place for Iturbe to join Gian Piero Gasperini's side on loan, after the Argentinean forward struggled to make an impact in the Italian capital following his €22million arrival last season.

That was until Sabbatini made a last-minute decision to keep Iturbe, who came off the bench in injury time of Roma's 2-1 win over reigning Serie A champions Juventus on Sunday.

"I wish to apologise to Genoa, their president [Enrico] Preziosi, Gasperini and all the fans because I had agreed to negotiate the sale of Iturbe but then I had serious doubts over the move," Sabbatini told reporters.

"I wanted him to go there for his own development, to a side that plays brilliant, pacey football, really suited to his style of play. But then I started to wonder whether his departure would weaken Roma.

"I changed my mind and I know I've put president Preziosi in a very awkward position and dashed his hopes of signing the player. I apologise to him and the whole club. Iturbe will remain at Roma and help us to win trophies."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sabatini-apologises-genoa-over-iturbe-u-turn#kj8T4eMSFVitHseP.99

Sabatini apologises to Genoa over Iturbe U-turn

Juan Iturbe was seemingly set to join Genoa until Roma changed their minds and decided to keep the forward.

Roma president Walter Sabatini has apologised to Genoa after he staged a dramatic U-turn and opted not to sell Juan Iturbe.

A deal was in place for Iturbe to join Gian Piero Gasperini's side on loan, after the Argentinean forward struggled to make an impact in the Italian capital following his €22million arrival last season.

That was until Sabbatini made a last-minute decision to keep Iturbe, who came off the bench in injury time of Roma's 2-1 win over reigning Serie A champions Juventus on Sunday.

"I wish to apologise to Genoa, their president [Enrico] Preziosi, Gasperini and all the fans because I had agreed to negotiate the sale of Iturbe but then I had serious doubts over the move," Sabbatini told reporters.

"I wanted him to go there for his own development, to a side that plays brilliant, pacey football, really suited to his style of play. But then I started to wonder whether his departure would weaken Roma.

"I changed my mind and I know I've put president Preziosi in a very awkward position and dashed his hopes of signing the player. I apologise to him and the whole club. Iturbe will remain at Roma and help us to win trophies."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sabatini-apologises-genoa-over-iturbe-u-turn#kj8T4eMSFVitHseP.99

Not Genoa !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back