Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pollyanna?...is that you?

What's wrong with being positive?

I know it's not really Everton but it's just the way I am.

I won £625 in 2005 when I bet on Everton to win the league without the "Top 4" at 125/1 the season after losing Rooney and finishing 17th.

Usually, I go from thinking we're going to win the League in August, to believing top 4 in September to hoping we get 40pts by the time Christmas comes round but so what? It's Everton innit?

I saw us win the league twice and the ECWC and people around me were still moaning when we didn't blow every team off the park.

I loved the feeling we were the best despite the odd bad result.

Now, I love the feeling that we have a young vibrant team with just the right amount of experienced old heads blended together where the sky is the limit.

We won't win every game but there are going to be some moments of magic that will warm the heart. Take Southampton. The result was great but the atmosphere and the feeling of joy was magnificent.

Singing "Money can't buy you Stones" at half time at Spurs and the Ross Barkley song at Saints under the stands in the hospitality areas was priceless.
I'm 51 years old and times like that are as good today as they were in the 80's.
That's why I'm an Evertonian and will always remain positive.

The thing is, what will happen will happen regardless of my attitude. It's better for my health to be positive rather than negative and enjoy the ride for as long as it takes me.

It might be the wrong thread but I say give Martinez his 5 years before we judge him. Not the next 24 hours or 12 months even.

Howard Kendall took 4 years to get it right and at one point even has his garage doors spray painted.

My advice is to take as much enjoyment out of watching the team play and stop fretting over stuff you have no control of.

Even if we sign Funes Mori and Lennon, our first XI hasn't improved since September 2013.

That's seriously worrying.

1. That team put up the club's highest ever PL point total.
2. The young players on that team have two more years experience.
3. Significant investment has been made into the club's future. I'd be shocked if any other PL team had more U21s with PL potential than Everton right now.

Is #3 preferred over immediate help? No. But if you can't afford to keep up with everyone else, that's a damn good use of the funds you do have.

You know when you're right hungry and looking forward to something to eat?
But you don't get round to it so now you're starving and so looking forward to eating but you can't find the time to get anything.
And time ticks by until you eventually get a moment to have something to eat - but now you're not hungry any more.
Well that's how I feel with this transfer window!!
I was really looking forward to seeing us sign some top players but it's gone on so long with no players joining that now I'm not even bothered if we sign anybody or not - I just want the window to end so we can concentrate on the season.

What's wrong with being positive?

I know it's not really Everton but it's just the way I am.

I won £625 in 2005 when I bet on Everton to win the league without the "Top 4" at 125/1 the season after losing Rooney and finishing 17th.

Usually, I go from thinking we're going to win the League in August, to believing top 4 in September to hoping we get 40pts by the time Christmas comes round but so what? It's Everton innit?

I saw us win the league twice and the ECWC and people around me were still moaning when we didn't blow every team off the park.

I loved the feeling we were the best despite the odd bad result.

Now, I love the feeling that we have a young vibrant team with just the right amount of experienced old heads blended together where the sky is the limit.

We won't win every game but there are going to be some moments of magic that will warm the heart. Take Southampton. The result was great but the atmosphere and the feeling of joy was magnificent.

Singing "Money can't buy you Stones" at half time at Spurs and the Ross Barkley song at Saints under the stands in the hospitality areas was priceless.
I'm 51 years old and times like that are as good today as they were in the 80's.
That's why I'm an Evertonian and will always remain positive.

The thing is, what will happen will happen regardless of my attitude. It's better for my health to be positive rather than negative and enjoy the ride for as long as it takes me.

It might be the wrong thread but I say give Martinez his 5 years before we judge him. Not the next 24 hours or 12 months even.

Howard Kendall took 4 years to get it right and at one point even has his garage doors spray painted.

My advice is to take as much enjoyment out of watching the team play and stop fretting over stuff you have no control of.

Very good post mate, very good.

1. That team put up the club's highest ever PL point total.
2. The young players on that team have two more years experience.
3. Significant investment has been made into the club's future. I'd be shocked if any other PL team had more U21s with PL potential than Everton right now.

Is #3 preferred over immediate help? No. But if you can't afford to keep up with everyone else, that's a damn good use of the funds you do have.

The thing is we all know we need a playmaker and it looks like we won't be signing one by tomorrow.

I thought the new tv deal is huge...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back