Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave lad, the fee is double what we were led to believe from all sources and fans know money is tight. You nor I know if that additional £4.5 mill seriously effects us getting another deal or two over the line. So if they're not melts for worrying.
I don't believe for one min it's anywhere near £9.5m.

There are a number of reasons it makes sense to report an inflated figure.

That criticism is a bit daft, isn't it?

I'm not flapping over the fee, but it does seem quite a lot.

We do have limited funds. I've no idea how much we have, but it does affect our overall transfer pot.

So go easy on people complaining about it.

Tim Vickery would have you believe that he'll be our 'Coates 2.0'... and it does seem a lot of money... but there is simply no way that Martinez has prioritised getting him over the 'creative' player, IMO.

I think that this is a little indication that we do *have* money (the board aren't that stupid to disclose the fee, otherwise) - whether we can get a deal over the line is another thing.

can't judge the lad i haven't seen him play and he may turn out to be an absolute gem but that's 10m nearly on a backup CB (assuming the board don't have a sudden change of heart re Stones). That 10m could have been spent on player that would have improved our starting 11.

If we sign Lennon does that indicate no number 10 coming in, with Mirralas maybe playing there?

I'm happy with Lennon but a number 10 was vital really. Still think Kev could do a good job there though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back