Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

When did everyone start calling player positions by numbers? I still get confused what the chuff a number 10 is

Either way

We've bought a number 5 today, we wanna get rid of a number 1, we're going for a number 7, but we all just want a 10?

AMIRITE?

Me too. I always felt Barkley and Naismith played in the so-called number 10 position? Can't we just say we need a playmaker?

When did everyone start calling player positions by numbers? I still get confused what the chuff a number 10 is

Either way

We've bought a number 5 today, we wanna get rid of a number 1, we're going for a number 7, but we all just want a 10?

AMIRITE?

This transfer window is utter number 2....

Me too. I always felt Barkley and Naismith played in the so-called number 10 position? Can't we just say we need a playmaker?
To me number 10 is different from playmaker, I think of a Cahill type when I think of a number 10, someone who plays just off the striker, while I think of Arteta in his later years or Barkley the way he's played this season as a playmaker.

It's a pretty trivial distinction though, and the fact that we're having this conversation highlights how insufferable this window has been.

As disappointing as this deadline day could be for us, at least we aren't Chelsea who are now signing a Reading defender to go along with the other nobody they signed from France. :D

you laugh but they are only signing them as temp fixes until they sign stones in jan/next summer.

Listening to Talk Sport, the South American correspondent says Mori (and they call him that on the EFC web site) is crap, please to god we havent wasted £9.5m on another Alcaraz, we must scout and be sure before we spend that type of money ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back