Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit I don't understand...

We've clearly got some money.

£9.5 for Mori.

We bid a good wedge for Yarmolenko.

With that, not signing a decent attacking midfielder/playmaker is firmly on Martinez.
I agree. What is he thinking?

It doesn't even look like from the echo article that Yarmolenko has given him the sign that he will move in January if we come back in for him so he's not keeping it for that.

After keeping Stones I really wanted to get behind Martinez this season but he makes it hard.

Funes Mori? - Is he just trolling the fans with that one. More Fumes.

Ah Roberto...

Once again el fluffo appears to talk a good game and makes people want to follow him, but then proceeds to disappoint.

Biggest failing is the manager. We wouldn't need this 'number 10' if he knew how to construct a balanced midfield. Instead he plays two crabs next to each other who sit ridiculously deep so you need 3 Iniestas ahead of them just to give your striker half a sniff of a chance. Dropping Barry for Barkley would solve a lot of our creativity problems then we could attack down the flanks where we have genuine quality. You could then put in someone like Mirallas or Kone or Osman and Pienaar when fit to play in the advanced role. Martinez instead has to play a more defensive physical attacking mid like Barkley or Naismith to cover up the massive hole behind him because the other two in midfield are so poor. Entirely a problem of his own making. This squad has got the quality to get into Europe but Martinez doesn't know how to use it properly. We'd have beaten Watford and Spurs and be second if he did. We're actually playing well but the wrong players are out and in the wrong position.

The bit I don't understand...

We've clearly got some money.

£9.5 for Mori.

We bid a good wedge for Yarmolenko.

With that, not signing a decent attacking midfielder/playmaker is firmly on Martinez.
Yes after the club rejecting the bid for Naismith the blame for me swiftly went on to Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back