Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no excuse for at least £30m not to be sat there ready for us to spend. Proper Everton that even with the increased TV money we still never spend. Reckon we've got asolute max of £20m.
hmmm...adding the likely player amortisation number (20mio) to the likely 2015 EBIT(5mio), you could make a claim for 25mio. But, there is no way (imo),the board will authorise that spend, not without a player sale. Post the Deulofeu purchase, RM has about 12mio to spend

They did that under Pardew too.

Signing that many players generally doesn't pan out.

They've signed Wijnaldum. That's it.

However good he may well pan out to be, it still doesn't address the fact that Mike Williamson is their first choice centre back.

How do you know these signings are going to work?

To justify my comments about Noocasl, I just remember that they were doing OK until Pardew went last season and their stand in manager turned out to be clueless. In my opinion they have a good coach now in McClaren who will make them more of a team.

The main reason for thinking they're not going to be as plop as last season is due to their signing of Wijnaldum who I feel will just be boss in the right team. I think they'll be competing with us around 6-10th positions.

The Spurs comparisons which apply to both Newcastle and West Ham about signing loads of players are valid, but I think the main reason Spurs didn't kick on was because they lost their talisman. Some clubs do great after making a big sale and bringing in a few players i.e. Southampton last season.

hmmm...adding the likely player amortisation number (20mio) to the likely 2015 EBIT(5mio), you could make a claim for 25mio. But, there is no way (imo),the board will authorise that spend, not without a player sale. Post the Deulofeu purchase, RM has about 12mio to spend

If 12m is what we've got left, then our activity suggests that martinez's main concern is a third choice centre back rather than a playmaker.

To justify my comments about Noocasl, I just remember that they were doing OK until Pardew went last season and their stand in manager turned out to be clueless. In my opinion they have a good coach now in McClaren who will make them more of a team.

The main reason for thinking they're not going to be as plop as last season is due to their signing of Wijnaldum who I feel will just be boss in the right team. I think they'll be competing with us around 6-10th positions.

The Spurs comparisons which apply to both Newcastle and West Ham about signing loads of players are valid, but I think the main reason Spurs didn't kick on was because they lost their talisman. Some clubs do great after making a big sale and bringing in a few players i.e. Southampton last season.

I'm just intrigued as to who everyone is referring to when citing all of these signings.

ONE PLAYER they've bought in. They still have an utterly wretched defence, no amount of expert coaching from McClaren is going to sort that out.

Spurs also signed a load of young 'uns at once, with the exception of Goaldado, and half of which have not fulfilled their potential growth on FIFA.

I would have loved that lad here.

I forgot the Arsenal players hadn't had a 6 week summer break as well

It doesn't matter if they were back for two days or two months it was a training session and nothing more. It will count for absolutely nothing when points are at stake.
It is like going to a training session and making a prediction for the season based on that.
The competition was well worthwhile but a little too early in preseason for any major benefit other than fitness.
But, what is very noticeable is the different preparation this season compared to last.
There seems to be a huge emphasis this year on fitness. No games this week until Saturday which means another week building up fitness.

See in one of the unfavourable red tops Fenerbache have put an offer in for Lennon, thought he was another cert to join

Telegraph have said West Ham will make a second bid for Mirallas and that Everton want 8 mill, Is that it?

WELL SEEING AS WE HAD A BID OF 12 MIL FOR PAYET AND 8 MIL DANN THAT ALREADY EQUALS 20MIL

We will spend more than 20 mil FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back