Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes right in what hes said there though
west ham have signed two haven't they? Payet and Ogbonna. We've signed two as well. Window's still open( Rom signed around the 30th of July) and too many people get caught up in how much money is spent. It's all about improving the squad, not a net spend table. The window we loaned Rom, Del, and Barry as well as buying Mccarthy helped propel us to 5th and we spent around 15m (mccarthy fee plus loan fees)

west ham have signed two haven't they? Payet and Ogbonna. We've signed two as well. Window's still open( Rom signed around the 30th of July) and too many people get caught up in how much money is spent. It's all about improving the squad, not a net spend table. The window we loaned Rom, Del, and Barry as well as buying Mccarthy helped propel us to 5th and we spent around 15m (mccarthy fee plus loan fees)

5 signings and the loan of Jenkinson again

It is all about improving the squad, but we havent really improved. And once again we're the paupers of the league

5 signings and the loan of Jenkinson again

West Ham were a poor example but I agree with the sentiment. Swansea signed Andre Ayew on a bosman, but he'd have been worth at least £8-10m otherwise. Doesn't mean their fans have to ignore his signing. John Stones cost a third of what Bilyaletdinov did, but he's improved us a lot more.

The problem is that we're not making enough signings either way. We needed another forward and a better keeper before the season ended, and now we've lost 2 seniour CBs. Yet all we've done is sign a winger (presumably replacing the one going out the door, Atsu) and yet another central midfielder.

There is plenty of time left but I think fans are right to be downbeat. There has been no indication that anything is going to change or no reason to be optimistic. This transfer window feels just like the other 18 or 19 of the previous 20 or so miserable windows.

Ffs.. There's still 6 weeks of the window!

Say it once the window is closed.

Plus we've been away for the last 10 days..
No doubt we'll bring in one or two more, at least i hope we will, but no chance we'll be spending a significant amount like is needed

West Ham have made a few decent signings and hope to push through the Mirallas and Hernedez deals. Probably looking to spend in excess of 45 million.

Newcastle have 60 million, spent 34.5 million.

Sunderland have a 50 million kitty for transfers, not sure on Stoke but they a 15 million bid for yarmelonko on the table.
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

The worst window I can remember when Bent came in and Rooney was sold we ended up finishing 4th.

When Spurs sold Bale and brought in £100m of players from Europe I thought that was going to propel them into the top 4, and they all ended up being bobbins. People get in a frenzy every summer about players signed by other clubs - Everton have a good team and as long as the gaps at centre half and attacking midfield are plugged - and they will be, the squad will look in good health for next season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back