Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently concerned we won't get another player from anyone this summer!
Won't lie, i'm a little concerned myself at the minute. There is literally no speculation or news of anything within our club at all. Makes me think back to Martinez' comments weeks ago when he said something about liking what he has already and the youngsters coming through.

Won't lie, i'm a little concerned myself at the minute. There is literally no speculation or news of anything within our club at all. Makes me think back to Martinez' comments weeks ago when he said something about liking what he has already and the youngsters coming through.

I do usually get this feeling to be honest about this time and it usually turns out ok.

Might be an end of window thing. As @MoutsGoat has suggested might need a few outs before ins.

Just needs to be the right outs!

surely EVERYONE can see that we are missing a creative player!!! even and especially the manager!

If memory serves correctly, he clearly stated in the Stoke press conference that he wanted at least two more players in, but he's willing to wait until further in the window if needs be. I know we're only two weeks from the start of the season, but there's 5 weeks left of the window. People need to relax, we'll get signings in. How many and for how much depend on sales.

surely EVERYONE can see that we are missing a creative player!!! even and especially the manager!
Well i don't want to take the thread of topic but what the manager see's is sometimes very different to what the rest of us see's.

As in.... How the hell does Naismith still start games. He still thinks McGeady has a lot to offer and Kone can produce the goods. He plays a formation that is suited to having two wingers but will only play one. We could be here all day such is the list but you get my point.

Looks like Jose Callejon is available. Would love him here. Played more as a Mirallas-type winger for Napoli last season - as in getting in goalscoring positions - but in his first season he played a lot behind the striker and showed how creative he can be.

£10mil price tag, rumours Chelsea are in for him.
Napoli fan I know wouldn't be bothered about losing Callejon, but rates Mertens.

How is that there is so few top classEnglish managers, what with the level of experience and expertise that clearly exists within this thread

Of course he can.

He's not an idiot like some people think. He'll be just as frustrated by last season as we are, and he'll know which areas of the team need strengthened. The problems are:

1. Martinez has a positive image. His public persona finds the silver linings and manages to praise even the worst of performances. This isn't always a good thing, but it's the type of positivity he's trying to encourage at the club. For him to suddenly announce that our attack is toothless and that the board won't give him enough money to fix it would only damage what he's trying to do. I can guarantee that he has these thoughts but he doesn't want to damage any sort of morale/player relationships. Maybe a more heard hearted approach would work, maybe it wouldn't.

2. We don't have the money/pulling power to attract the players that would make our team sparkle. Sad but true. There are many threads on this subject so no point dwelling on it. I'm sure Martinez and the scouts are working as hard as they can to find suitable players that don't consider us a step down and break the bank in coming here.

3. Martinez isn't particularly outspoken in terms of transfer targets. Some clubs/agents try to stir things up/abuse the media, but that isn't overly our style, is it?

4. Transfer news concerning Everton isn't always as glamorous as the big cash/fan heavy clubs. We aren't likely to break world transfer records so news outlets will only really pay attention to us if A) it involves a bigger club I.E. the Lukaku deal, or B) it is a total surprise or C) they have nothing else to write about. That's why there are barely any rumours about INS and lots about OUTS.

Besides, it doesn't matter - West Ham are still obviously going to win the league and dominate world football alongside their rivals, Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back