Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the biggest win will be keeping Stones and McCarthy. In the current market they are not replaceable.

They can be the spine of our team for 5 years. Even if Stones leaves next year it will be post-Euros, which should inflate the fee (though I'd rather he stayed). martinez clearly believes that aside from this ruddy '10' position our starting team is excellent and I'm inclined to agree. Praet, Hailovic, Van Djik, even Jonny Evans though that's a no go, these are buys I'm happy with.

People keep talking about Shaqiri and Yarmolenko, just because Stoke bid 14mn doesn't mean they are available.

Fact mancini has told him he wont be needed or in their 25 man squad and can leave may suggest he is available. Fact yarmolenko is on record as being given a guarantee he could leave this season from their owner woyld suggest he is available.

But by all means think the ones you listed would be a fantastic window if we kept hold of stones and mccarthy, the board must love this amount of ambition from.our support

We were arsed tho. Ogbonna said himself Everton were interested and various articles said he was our no.1 target.
Okay mate if thats what you want to believe, we made a bid, made it clear we wanted him as our back up... and didn't really go hell for leather for him.

Okay mate if thats what you want to believe, we made a bid, made it clear we wanted him as our back up... and didn't really go hell for leather for him.

Still turned us down. Being 3rd choice at Everton would trump being 1st/2nd choice (if he is) at West Ham if we were as far ahead of them as we were a few seasons ago.

Still turned us down. Being 3rd choice at Everton would trump being 1st/2nd choice (if he is) at West Ham if we were as far ahead of them as we were a few seasons ago.
Disagree mate, i don't think he 'snubbed' us, i don't think we perused him as much as west ham did because we literally weren't that arsed, he was just going to be a back up and theres plenty of those.

Disagree mate, i don't think he 'snubbed' us, i don't think we perused him as much as west ham did because we literally weren't that arsed, he was just going to be a back up and theres plenty of those.

Whichever way you look at it, he still turned us down.

Disagree mate, i don't think he 'snubbed' us, i don't think we perused him as much as west ham did because we literally weren't that arsed, he was just going to be a back up and plenty of those.
Alcaraz has been released now to save wages.
But he could well come back.

If that were true he wouldn't be leaving Juve.

Clearly the lad isn't interested in sitting on the subs' bench, and fair play to him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.