Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a summer that started with promise is slowly going to be the worst transfer window off all time, can't we just go to Goodson and spray outside sayin there will be riots if stones or mccarthy or sold let the club no it is no acceptable if we won't to kick on and start challenging again we can not be selling out star players we have the best young players in the league with a massive potential it is important to keep this team together if one leaves the rest will start thinking about their futures

Seems like the likely candidate all things considered...Hasn't he come out saying he wants out? (i.e. not enjoying it in russia)...and the Belg connections with Mir and Rom...only 2 years on his contract I think
He's on the move, but it's looking likely to be Juve or Chelsea... and for about £23m

Not a snowball's chance in hell that we'll be signing him.

Aside from anything else, he's not the type of player (role) we need

My favourite part of the Diego Capel rumour was:

"Roberto Martinez has told chief scout Kevin Reeves to scour the European markets for left-footed wingers and Capel is one of the names on their shortlist. And he could be available for around £2m but Everton have yet to firm up any interest."

Of course we will sell Mirallas for £10m and spend £2m on his replacement.

Edit: holy moly, he didn't play 90 mins once for Sporting last season either, nor did he score a single league goal. I hope he is another jarg Echo rumour.

He's on the move, but it's looking likely to be Juve or Chelsea... and for about £23m

Not a snowball's chance in hell that we'll be signing him.

Aside from anything else, he's not the type of player (role) we need

Has that been reported? (I don't need references)

To me the biggest win will be keeping Stones and McCarthy. In the current market they are not replaceable.

They can be the spine of our team for 5 years. Even if Stones leaves next year it will be post-Euros, which should inflate the fee (though I'd rather he stayed). martinez clearly believes that aside from this ruddy '10' position our starting team is excellent and I'm inclined to agree. Praet, Hailovic, Van Djik, even Jonny Evans though that's a no go, these are buys I'm happy with.

People keep talking about Shaqiri and Yarmolenko, just because Stoke bid 14mn doesn't mean they are available.

Shaqiri's almost definitely leaving Inter in fairness, if Inter can push through the Perisic deal. Draxler looks like he'll be going to Juve, and Schalke are supposedly wanting Shaqiri as his replacement.

Yeah I've kept meaning to, it was as a result of a bet with someone on here about something a while ago...

And yeah you're right, but it feels a bit small time to me, I'd like us to be on the level of loaning our younger prospects out to a good level of team rather than us being the club taking on loans. It all stems back to the clubs supposed income disappearing. It'd be great if they could turn into permanents at the end but I think it's more likely to be the cheaper option for the board.
Man Utd loaned Falcao didn't they?

Hardly small time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back