Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i don't understand with Everton is Martinez's first year, the loans worked a treat. Ever since we haven't looked like using them. Why?

If we're skint get 3/4 loan players in?

Just had a look at a Celtic forum and quite a few members saying they'd take 6-8 million for Van Dijk. We sign a very promising centre back and get rid of a crap player, double whammy!

I think the centrehalf we sign will be an established premiership player with lots of experience.
If we do end up selling John Stones, then maybe we might look at the Celtic player, but not until then.
It would be too much of a gamble and cost too much money .

Being an outstanding player in Scotland, proves nothing. He may turn out to be a great player or a waste of money.

Either way, Everton needs another centrehalf that the manager is 100% can play premiership football , a player that can immediately step into the team at a moments notice.

Saw a horrible image in me mind....dawson. .

*runs

I think the centrehalf we sign will be an established premiership player with lots of experience.
If we do end up selling John Stones, then maybe we might look at the Celtic player, but not until then.
It would be too much of a gamble and cost too much money .

Being an outstanding player in Scotland, proves nothing. He may turn out to be a great player or a waste of money.

Either way, Everton needs another centrehalf that the manager is 100% can play premiership football , a player that can immediately step into the team at a moments notice.

I'm convinced it will be Jonny Evans, who ticks every box and provides strong competition and cover.

All summer I have been looking for the signing of a creative midfielder , since last January really, when it really became obvious how stagnant our play was.

However, I am changing my mind somewhat and coming round to the belief that we need a second striker we can rely on as much as anything.
At present we have Lukaku and when he is good he is very good, but he has a lot of poor days as well when he looks sluggish and disinterested.
Hopefully as he gets older we will see fewer of those days.

But, I think an another goalscoring energetic striker would probably make our midfield look better than it did last year.
I think that different combinations of Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley and even McGeady and Naismith should be able to create chances. Osman and Pienaar as well when they are fit. However last year at times it looked as if Lukaku would not score or create a chance no matter how the team played.

Somebody like Austin from QPR would certainly make life interesting for us fans and really put pressure on Lukaku which I think is missing at the moment.

FFS. if all rumours to be believed we will have no players left at the end of the week ... Stones gone , Kev gone , Macca gone and now lukaku ... Lazy journalism hopefully .... How about some good news !

As it's Monday and I hate work, I decided to have a look at our transfer dealings the past few years.
It turns out since the 2010/11 season to date (including the deulofeu purchase) we have had a net spend of 5.1 million.
I know there's other fees and stuff but considering the amount of money being pumped in these days we should have no problem spending 20 million this window.
There has to be money, and I honestly think he will spend atleast 20 million, back up CB and striker for me, we've got enough in midfield to cope IMO.

That's my monthly post done, I'll pipe rar down and go back to the shadows

All summer I have been looking for the signing of a creative midfielder , since last January really, when it really became obvious how stagnant our play was.

However, I am changing my mind somewhat and coming round to the belief that we need a second striker we can rely on as much as anything.
At present we have Lukaku and when he is good he is very good, but he has a lot of poor days as well when he looks sluggish and disinterested.
Hopefully as he gets older we will see fewer of those days.

But, I think an another goalscoring energetic striker would probably make our midfield look better than it did last year.
I think that different combinations of Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley and even McGeady and Naismith should be able to create chances. Osman and Pienaar as well when they are fit. However last year at times it looked as if Lukaku would not score or create a chance no matter how the team played.

Somebody like Austin from QPR would certainly make life interesting for us fans and really put pressure on Lukaku which I think is missing at the moment.
Pretty much my thoughts in post yesterday ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back