Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have Barnsley recreated La Masia or something? Where are they getting all these prospects from? Prem clubs pour millions into super academies but still end up bidding 30 plus million for a lad from Barnsley.

Because nobody has a bloody clue mate. Teams can't reliably predict how the fully developed adults they pay tens of millions for will fare in their teams immediately let alone looking at a 8 year old. Most of the "he signed for Barca at 3 and check out this YouTube video of him doing keepy ups" never work out as adults. It's why I laugh at everyone who acts like replacing great players is so easy ... every manager in the world (even the best) wastes millions on utter garbage be they young or old players.

Restriction on young players moving is arguably a bigger factor in the parity of N. American sports than the salary caps which usually get the most attention.

Not 100% sure how you intended this but the "FM/FIFA stats" is a very common insult and I'm not sure it makes sense. FM have a methodology for ranking players that is superior to many of the average fans who happen to catch the odd game or two of a player. Now there are people who know their stuff and I'm not saying stats are better than people etc.

However loads of players we signed were "turbo gash" according to lots of posters but they ended up being good players.

FM would have likely been a far more accurate predictor of their success than most posters.

Turbo Gash ! Like it !

We should sign a deal with barnsley paying them 2 million every season for the next 5 season and picking up any prospect they have in their academy for 5 consecutive season. Not sure if this is against any rules.

Or set up our own academy in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back