Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, i'm at a lost for words how we have managed to stand still whilst watching everyone else make their moves. Not ONE problem that was evident from last season has been addressed and the new season begins in 4 days times.

It could be counter argued that Del brings a bit of pace and excitement and that Cleverley is one who can slot a through ball, both things that were missing last season.

It could be counter argued that Del brings a bit of pace and excitement and that Cleverley is one who can slot a through ball, both things that were missing last season.
We have players who are capable to slot a through ball at the club. The problem lies with static players standing around; basically lack of movement from our forwards.

You can't pick a pass out and anticipate something if players are just standing in one place.

Just done a quick statistical comparison (using WhoScored and Squawka's overall performance numbers). Of the strikers to join PL teams for less than £12 million over the past four years, all but two were below average to bad last season.

Anichebe, as it happens, was not in that group of two, but he was among the best. Genuine question: would people be happy if that was the caliber of striker brought in this month?
Who were the two that weren't mate? Will be interesting to see how they perform this year, there have been several in the past that were just one season wonders like Michu for example who got 18 league goals his first year and only 2 the next.

Like you think we'll loan a striker, can't see us having the money for both a decent playmaker and a good striker.

I'm on a lovely holiday in the pyrenees for my birthday with a bunch of catalan mates and all barça fans and the common consensus is that @Adversus and @saintdomingo are talking through their armpits about lil Sergi Roberto.

They also think we should sign Nolito. I concur. I am convinced we will finally get an ace throughball machine before the end of August.
Happy birthday!

Any gossip on where some of the Barca B lads are going to end up - Adama Traore has been linked to Liverpool, us and now Aston Villa (!) for instance.

But seriously though, lads. We won't sign Nolito.

Martinez ruled it out in the fan interview a few months back.

Obviously he's been known to chat sh!te with regards to transfers, but rather than the whole "we won't talk about a player at another club" he chose to give tactical reasons why he feels Nolito wouldn't be the kind of player we're after.
In that interview he said we wouldn't be signing a certain 2 players.

We've already signed one of them.

Who were the two that weren't mate? Will be interesting to see how they perform this year, there have been several in the past that were just one season wonders like Michu for example who got 18 league goals his first year and only 2 the next.

Like you think we'll loan a striker, can't see us having the money for both a decent playmaker and a good striker.

Pelle and Ulloa.

Happy birthday!

Any gossip on where some of the Barca B lads are going to end up - Adama Traore has been linked to Liverpool, us and now Aston Villa (!) for instance.
Yes because his Catalan chums will know exactly where their boys will end up much the same we are all such fonts of knowledge on our transfer dealings. . As 783 pages of drool will back up

In that interview he said we wouldn't be signing a certain 2 players.

We've already signed one of them.

Deulofeu? If anything he hinted that we would sign him in that interview, he just said it was an awkward situation with Barca's transfer ban

Nolito
Austin
Davies
2 loans in.
Possible?

Do we have a quote on what Nolito would cost? I know Austin was valued at £15m, as much as I think we have some money, I don't think we have as much as last year. Can't see us spending upward of £25m

Think we are going to start the season as is. Which is really really annoying. The players and the fans need the boost of an exciting signing. (Or at least I do. work sucks at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back