Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm on a lovely holiday in the pyrenees for my birthday with a bunch of catalan mates and all barça fans and the common consensus is that @Adversus and @saintdomingo are talking through their armpits about lil Sergi Roberto.

They also think we should sign Nolito. I concur. I am convinced we will finally get an ace throughball machine before the end of August.
If they are Barca fans they will know that Nolito is Barca's target for Pedro's replacement and has been all summer.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercat...ic-prima-club-deve-vendere-120792306016.shtml

Not sure if anybody posted this link - check out Shaquiri in training for Inter recently.

Holy crap. I know it's just training but ... holy crap. Me want. Me want that now. OMG. May have to pop to the bathroom.

::waits for someone to post a video of Hibbo in training doing the same things::

The thing is, it's really not just Everton that aren't signing players. Spurs and Southampton have both sold ~£35 million worth of players and only spent ~£10 million. Arsenal have only brought in Cech. Villa have spent £40 million, but they've sold just as much. Stoke are looking at a ~£10 million profit.

Of the "fiscally responsible" clubs, only Swansea and West Brom are spending (along with Everton), and even then their expenditures have been modest. Palace, Newcastle and West Ham are throwing around cash, yes, but they aren't exactly clubs whose lead I'd want to follow anywhere.

It's too early to tell if prudence is the smart play, but it's looking like a trend amongst a certain type of club.

It's perfectly logical that it would take Spurs, Southampton and us longer to find the right players. We have strong squads already so less players to choose from and we're all (to varying degrees) watching a budget too. Rich teams can get people in early; also teams for whom throwing a dart onto a printout of FM players would improve their squad are also free to conduct business early. We're poor and picky ... it's frustrating but far from a surprise.

Which is fine. And if we didn't have glaring gaps I'd be more than happy. But we have serious areas that need sorting.

I won't argue Everton shouldn't be in this position, but the fact is they are in this position, and it doesn't appear the market is doing them any favors.

In that interview he said we wouldn't be signing a certain 2 players.

We've already signed one of them.

He said that we wouldn't get Deulofeu due to the Barca transfer ban. My point is that he gave tactical reasons for not signing Nolito.

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back