Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always seem to be looking for right kind of character and no matter how I turn it I cant see how Shaqiri fits in that mould.

Does kev fit that mold mate? Apparently Distin didnt fit it either ehich is a joke given hes supposed to be a model pro, and he thought etoo did fit it...

Better managers take the player and mold or adapt to the character, cantona with fergie bring a example, or us with ferguson who im certain Martinez would have never brought everton due to character issues. Worth thinking on really

im guessing there is zero substance to the reports but the one player that would genuinely excite me for the season is Pato. If we announced we had bought lennon tomorrow or a centre half i wouldnt be arsed. Pato arrives at john lennon and gets into a car for finch farm i'd be made up.

and i know he wouldnt be as good as i hope he would be, but sometimes its the build up thats better than the player

im guessing there is zero substance to the reports but the one player that would genuinely excite me for the season is Pato. If we announced we had bought lennon tomorrow or a centre half i wouldnt be arsed. Pato arrives at john lennon and gets into a car for finch farm i'd be made up.

and i know he wouldnt be as good as i hope he would be, but sometimes its the build up thats better than the player

Like Samuel Eto'o you mean?

My thoughts from the presser...
  • We are bringing in 3 new players. A CB, AM and ST
  • The Chelsea bids have unsettled Stones - he probably asked to leave
  • Not sure how to interpret this but when asked how he felt about Chelsea making a new bid for Stones, which could entice the board to accept, Martinez said "you cant worry about things you can't control" - Basically he was either saying that there's not much you can do if Chelsea bid again or left it open to the board accepting a bid for Stones which was beyond his control.

• Not sure how to interpret this but when asked how he felt about Chelsea making a new bid for Stones, which could entice the board to accept, Martinez said "you cant worry about things you can't control" - Basically he was either saying that there's not much you can do if Chelsea bid again or left it open to the board accepting a bid for Stones which was beyond his control.

And we will start the new Season with what we have, the bonus being Gibson is near to full fitness, and Kone has been showing signs of his form returning, and with the promising youngsters coming through the future is looking good.

"you cant worry about things you can't control"

He was saying that he can't control if Chelsea put in a bid not necessarily he can't control what happens if they do.

However it does seem like his strong stance is weakening.

Like Samuel Eto'o you mean?
to be honest i wasnt that excited about signing eto'o.

Only watching him and seeing the flashes of brilliance he had in him excited me. Kinda like the thought of del playing is exciting, looking forward to his debut as much as rom last year. But where i am not excited about cleverly, he starts bossing the other team about every week and i'll be excited then.

I use the word excited as a general term, looking forward to, enjoy watching etc that sort of thing

And we will start the new Season with what we have, the bonus being Gibson is near to full fitness, and Kone has been showing signs of his form returning, and with the promising youngsters coming through the future is looking good.

Yes, producing youngsters for the likes of Chelsea and the Manc clubs to harvest later must be very rewarding!

Which parallel universe are you living in mate? Cause I'm living in the one where Gibson is permanently crocked and Kone is complete shoite

840 pages - £4M spent.

Yes, I think having seen that there might be a shift here now: Martinez's frustration at the summer's cack-handed plan spilling over there for all to see.

Rightfully, he's emphasising the need for the three players he's been demanding all summer to make us competitive and leaving the public to connect the dots that lead to the conclusion it's the board dragging their feet and withholding funds.

Looks like a clear breaking of ranks now. RM knows he's been used this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back