Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
austin1.jpg

Deffo.

I'd be more than happy and a little surprised!

As this shaqiri rumours is starting to get some legs behind it I was thinking who would your starting wingers be? Mirallas shaqiri? Shaqiri deulofeu? Deulofeu shaqiri? Deulofeu mirallas?

Just can't see it being Austin.

Assume the attacking mid we want costs a decent wedge, say around 10 million. And say we spend around 5 million on the centre back cover he wants, if you factor in the cost of buying Austin, you're looking at a 30-35 million outlay for the window including Deulofeu and I just can't see us going beyond 20.

It's all assumptions but I'd be really surprised.

Juan Quintero and his people are probably in London at the moment....
They have been sounding out a few clubs in the Premiership

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...uld-be-going-anywhere-Wenger-coy-on-Colombian
Juan Quintero flying to London? He could be going anywhere! Wenger coy on Colombian
By Colin Harvey/Published 1st August

ARSENE WENGER kept his cards close to his chest when asked if Juan Fernando Quintero was about to sign for the Gunners.
Juan_fernando_quintero_arsenal_transfer-392179.jpg
HIGH FLYER: Colombian media is convinced Quintero is about to become a Gunner [GETTY]

A Colombian journalists asked the Frenchman if a deal was imminent as they believe the attacking midfielder is flying into London TODAY.

And with speculation rife that Quintero is about to become a Gunner, Wenger was adamant he could be going anywhere.

The South American journalist told Wenger: "We know for a fact he [Quintero] is on his way to London, he's arriving now."

"Well, he must come in this room soon," Wenger replied.

"Is he landing now? I don't know he might be going somewhere else. There are many clubs in London."

Quintero was part of the Colombian side that lit up the World Cup with a string of impressive displays before narrowly crashing out at the hands of the hosts Brazil in the quarter finals.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back