Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've got actual reputable sources linking us with a loan and no doubt to buy move for Shaqiri. On the eve of the season and talk of disgruntled fans, I'd be surprised if the club hasn't leaked that themselves. Wouldn't describe him foremost as a playmaker, but he's certainly be the number 10 Martinez has spoken of.

Not sure Shaqiri could really be described as a 'number 10' - he's too selfish/direct to play that role, but hey, he'd be better in that position than Naismith...

That's the odd thing...apparently hes played there for Switzerland though.

Maybe Martinez wants to loan him due to his attitude/ fact he doesnt know if he can be our playmaker as opposed to a direct winger?

Personally id like to see how he does on the wing as with Deulofeu and Mirallas thats some top talent there on both flanks.

That's the odd thing...apparently hes played there for Switzerland though.

Maybe Martinez wants to loan him due to his attitude/ fact he doesnt know if he can be our playmaker as opposed to a direct winger?

Personally id like to see how he does on the wing as with Deulofeu and Mirallas thats some top talent there on both flanks.

Yep he has, he also played there a few times for Bayern and Inter - but he's not really a 'creator' (which I think is what we really need) - he's someone who will run with the ball instead of looking to pass and move. You never know though, it could work.

I've watched Argie football for 4 years and I've never liked the guy. He has a twin brother who plays up front and ended up leaving River a couple of seasons ago, no idea how he was a laughing stock of a striker. If anyone watched him in the Copa Lib final the other night he had some dodgy moments but scored a goal from a corner. He also could've been sent off for a pretty terrible late challenge.

I'd be nervous seeing him start a game for us this season (mind you we had to put up with Alcaraz last season so maybe it won't be that bad!).
Respect your info mate , but if this lads good enough to be capped by Argentina I would be more than hsppy to take a chance with him.
His brother has signed for Benfica, they must see something there too.Is there a link with River Plate as thats where Andrade came from?

If Shaqiri is coming in in that 10/attacking midfield position. I might not matter that he's more of a direct player than a creator.

Look at what Martinez has said about Ross being played deeper, that would place the creative responsibility on him. Which from a deeper role (I'm going to call it box-to-box playmaker) I think he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back