Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see farfan is leaving Schalke for 15 million euro's.
Paves the way for Shaqiri to move there, could be another target gone

If I were Bill (scary thought) I'd say to Jose.
"If you want to manage John Stones you can apply for the Everton job in December."

The brilliant thing about Everton in my opinion is that we're such a closed book when it comes to transfers that 1) The media make tonnes of painful excuses of rumours that are posted as we're the weakest link in terms of having the best players with no money. & 2) It winds up our impatient fans to the extent that they're wishing they were Newcastle, West Ham and Stoke lol

It's the 20th of July. Newcastle last season signed Cabella and Riviere and everyone on here was fuming, they turned out terrible. Yet West Ham last season signed a load of nobodies who turned out to have a great season (i.e. Kouyate, Sakho, Valencia). Point is that firstly these so called big name transfers don't always work out and secondly the fact that we're so private about our transfers you don't know what's going on, no one does outside the club. Will make it even better when a signing comes out of nowhere unlike for West Ham fans who know what David Gold's having for tea nevermind what players he wants.

To justify my comments about Noocasl, I just remember that they were doing OK until Pardew went last season and their stand in manager turned out to be clueless. In my opinion they have a good coach now in McClaren who will make them more of a team.

The main reason for thinking they're not going to be as plop as last season is due to their signing of Wijnaldum who I feel will just be boss in the right team. I think they'll be competing with us around 6-10th positions.

The Spurs comparisons which apply to both Newcastle and West Ham about signing loads of players are valid, but I think the main reason Spurs didn't kick on was because they lost their talisman. Some clubs do great after making a big sale and bringing in a few players i.e. Southampton last season.

Is this just because Wijnaldum is decent on Footy Manager?

He's been known about for years yet never left Holland when boat loads of better, younger, talent has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back