Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that note........... have we issued number 25 in our new squad numbers this season......... ????

No it's still available, Stones has moved to 5, Del is no19 and Cleverley is no 15, everybody else is the same as last year with a few of the youngsters getting high numbers 30+

If we sign Toornstra I'll start crying and will be on an immense personal meltdown, resulting in my moderating duties taken away and ending with a perm ban. Can't we just sign Jason Koumas instead. At least I could see that as an ambitious signing compared to Jens (extremely poor language removed) Toornstra.

Good player then aye?

Heard a bit of interesting news....

Most of our budget is going on someone called Operating Costs.

Is he any good? Can he play the number 10 role?

#ITK

Weren't the "operating costs" from years past related to the building of Finch Farm? Thought I read that somewhere, although it's entirely possible I've just made that up.

#ITK
Creativity out the arse. He's possibly the most creative use of money one can buy.

We lease Finch Farm, we never built it because we couldn't afford to do it ourselves.
Not defending the regime but leasing the land has nothing to do with whether we planned or paid for the development of the facilities. Common practice in ventures like this to have to pay for the considerable work as a tenant.

#ITK

we re-signed him again? ffs, wish we would stop wasting money on him, he's tosh. never even takes to the field.

Not defending the regime but leasing the land has nothing to do with whether we planned or paid for the development of the facilities. Common practice in ventures like this to have to pay for the considerable work as a tenant.

We are the only team to do this in the premiership. We sold Bellafield for 9 million to pay debts, could not raise the funds to build a new one ourselves.

Since Finch Farm has been built we have paid circa 9 million in rent, we have another chance to buy it in two years for the region of 15 million.

The original construction cost was about 8 million. If we want to own it in 2017 it will have cost us in the region of 27 million.

We done it this way via a developer because it was the only way we could afford to get it done. Another short term solution like Kitbag which would kick us in the arse long term.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back