Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news. (I know its not transfers)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ion-Kevin-Mirallas-expected-pen-new-deal.html

Everton hope to conclude a new five-year contract for midfielder James McCarthy on Thursday.

Tottenham have showed an interest in the Republic of Ireland international but Everton have moved in the last 48 hours to open negotiations and hope to resolve a deal that will keep him at Goodison Park until 2020.

Manchester City were also keen on McCarthy, but Toffees boss Roberto Martinez has insisted all summer the highly-rated midfielder is not up for sale.

West Ham target Kevin Mirallas will also pen a new deal at the club.

Mirallas was the subject of a £6million bid from the Hammers last month, but the Toffees instantly rejected the offer.

The 27-year-old, who is popular among Everton fans, was keen to explore other opportunities and ideally play for a side involved in European football but he has now opted to commit his future to Everton.

Fully expect people to mention that 'Its the Mail, they are selling Stones so you can believe that and not the Stones stuff'... Its more about the reporter rather than the paper.

My thoughts from the presser...
  • We are bringing in 3 new players. A CB, AM and ST
  • The Chelsea bids have unsettled Stones - he probably asked to leave
  • Not sure how to interpret this but when asked how he felt about Chelsea making a new bid for Stones, which could entice the board to accept, Martinez said "you cant worry about things you can't control" - Basically he was either saying that there's not much you can do if Chelsea bid again or left it open to the board accepting a bid for Stones which was beyond his control.

Was that filmed on a potato? Or is my internet that bad?

Martinez presser. Same kak " we want players etc" said this start of summer.

It just pees me of that we have to wait till such a date in August and you see all other clubs spending.

I don't think RM's comments mean that Stones has asked to leave.

He was asked whether the speculation had effected Stones in anyway, not if Stones had asked to leave. It's stating the obvious that the speculation will have effected Stones in some form.

So looks like new deals for McCarthy and Mirallas.

Strange that so many commit their futures to a club who many apparently don't get on with the manager...

From what i know mate, those that never got on with him got frozen out throughout the season.
One was sold in January and the other has just left on a free.

Which parallel universe are you living in mate? Cause I'm living in the one where Gibson is permanently crocked and Kone is complete shoite
Me too mate, the problem is martinez doesn't think like the rest of us, this is the same man that keeps on picking Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back