Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were linked tenuously with Lopes along with Spurs and Newcastle earlier on in the window but little more has been mentioned in that regard since. More recent rumours suggested City wanted to loan him out to a PL club, which would make sense considering how highly he's rated. He wasn't part of the Lille squad either time we played them last year but by all accounts looked impressive in Ligue 1.

Both Portugal and Brazil have apparently courted him for their national teams in the future, which gives an indication of his potential. A city fan pal of mine says he stood out massively in their u21s the season before last, hence the loan to Lille. City spunking £100m on Sterling and De Bruyne means he'll almost certainly go somewhere this summer, although I get the impression Martinez wants a more established player for the AM/No.10 position.

I wonder if they might loan him to us?

On a serious note signing Dante will be signing Distin 2.0 he is an absolute car crash. Genuinely he is good at switching play to a speedy right winger but that is it. I believe for a club of our "limited funds" signing Distin at 33 for £6m put us back a couple of years. Finally get shot of him and Alcaraz & do not want to replace with another hasbeen car crash. Pleassse swerve EFC!

On a serious note signing Dante will be signing Distin 2.0 he is an absolute car crash. Genuinely he is good at switching play to a speedy right winger but that is it. I believe for a club of our "limited funds" signing Distin at 33 for £6m put us back a couple of years. Finally get shot of him and Alcaraz & do not want to replace with another hasbeen car crash. Pleassse swerve EFC!

distin was brilliant for us. people seem clouded by his last couple of months.

Agree with a fair bit of that, but Distin was an astute signing and did a job for us for a good period of time.

He was a tosser, and faded badly in his last year, but he did a job.

you must have started watching last year

Incredibly harsh on Distin. And it was £5m at 31.

I think we are all agreed that this is wrong! Distin was a great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back