Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note signing Dante will be signing Distin 2.0 he is an absolute car crash. Genuinely he is good at switching play to a speedy right winger but that is it. I believe for a club of our "limited funds" signing Distin at 33 for £6m put us back a couple of years. Finally get shot of him and Alcaraz & do not want to replace with another hasbeen car crash. Pleassse swerve EFC!
The £5mil transfer fee is fairly insignificant really when compared with the £15mil he will have earned in wages over his 6years. Put another way, if we paid that money for a younger player and managed to recoup the whole transfer fee paid then the total outlay would have been £15mil instead of £20mil, but in reality a younger player of the same quality would command a higher transfer fee and likely ask for more wages, which means the transfer is higher risk as the club stands to lose more if it doesn't work out. I think Distin was a very good piece of business, especially when you consider the fee we got for Lescott, who funnily enough left man city on a free despite his relative youth.

Heard that Chelsea have submitted a 40 million bid plus add ons (take it to around 46 million ish) this offer was submitted by the Chelsea board, there was also talk that there was an offer to loan to squad members too but this was thrown in the bin as the talk is that "Everton want cash only with a majority up front"

From the same source in London who gave me the information over the three other bids before it was released

Chelsea "expect" this to be accepted... apparently

Heard that Chelsea have submitted a 40 million bid plus add ons (take it to around 46 million ish) this offer was submitted by the Chelsea board, there was also talk that there was an offer to loan to squad members too but this was thrown in the bin as the talk is that "Everton want cash only with a majority up front"

From the same source in London who gave me the information over the three other bids before it was released

Did you come on here to try ruin our day?

Anyways

Ranocchia? His contract was expiring a couple of months ago wasn't it? I know he recently signed a new 5 year deal with Inter. If it was expiring, why didn't we take him for free like we did with Cleverley?

'Heard'

liking the sharing of the ITK, not the news itself obviously. Thanks Peter.

Same guy was extremely busy yesterday given the Pedro situation which was turned round in 6 hours, how long have we been going with this Yarm stuff?

Oh and they don't use faxes in his office either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back