Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets hope that Chelsea and Everton have not pre agreed a fee in excess of £40m+ many weeks ago and this is all a charade designed to be played out with ever increasing bids upto the end of the transfer window before our club tell everyone we did our best but.

I'm no fan of the board but that'd be crazy wouldn't it surely ? It'd increase pressure on the manager who said he wasn't for sale & you'd be playing a player that you knew might get injured all the while hoping everybody involved kept the truth quiet .

Let's face it lads if we get £40m+ for Stones it's not going on 2-3 quality signings it's just gonna be used to clear more debt.

Concerned with uber gash we have been linked with Dante is garbage now and 32, and the guy from Inter goes missing, only plus Mori from River Plate (who I think is a good signing) given his age and skills now

Has RM ever come out and say we're no longer a selling club?

Just curious in case he has and we do sell as I'd like that to be the first question posed to him at a presser.

Roberto Martinez has told talkSPORT he is disappointed by the 'disrespectful' manner in which Chelsea are attempting to sign John Stones from Everton.

Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his desire to land the defender this summer, while John Terry this week claimed that the 21-year-old would be an excellent signing and could replace him in the long-term.

Terry’s comments in particular irked Martinez, whose side have rejected two bids for Stones from Chelsea, with the Toffees boss telling the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “It is illegal.

“There are laws in the Premier League that tell you very clearly you can’t talk about players at other clubs.

“It is coming across in a really disrespectful manner. It is not down to me to judge, that is down to the authorities - the laws of the game are there for a reason.”

Chelsea remain confident of luring Stones away from Goodison Park, despite failing with a second bid of £26million.

But Martinez, who has admitted the England international has been affected by the Premier League champions’ interest, insists the Merseyside club have no desire to cash in.

“We don’t want to sell anyone,” he said.

“We are not a selling club. We have been working really hard to have stability financially and that means we want to build on what we have.”

Martinez, does, however, understand why Mourinho is so determined to sign Stones, as he rates the former Barnsley youngster as one of Europe’s hottest prospects.

"He is a typical modern centre-half and has the potential to be one of the best,” he said.

“His qualities, his personality, his character, we are in front of one of the most special young players in European football.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclu...isrespectful-chelsea-over#Wr9o0CzmKqghihLX.99

Heard that Chelsea have submitted a 40 million bid plus add ons (take it to around 46 million ish) this offer was submitted by the Chelsea board, there was also talk that there was an offer to loan to squad members too but this was thrown in the bin as the talk is that "Everton want cash only with a majority up front"

From the same source in London who gave me the information over the three other bids before it was released

Chelsea "expect" this to be accepted... apparently

I do personally expect them to come back with another offer, but this goes right against the grain for the way they've handled it so far.

Firstly every bid after the initial one has been made through the media before it's been presented to the club, and secondly they've only been inching up with each offer.

To suddenly cut the media out of this and increase the latest bid by £16m is a stretch to far for me.

No need
You said the last bid was £34m (plus add ons), you were wrong. you also said £30m with Stones being loaned back LOL, I'll be honest mate, I think you're talking out your arse.

You know this because? it wasn't in the papers???, suppose you are the expert regarding talking anally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back