Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a huge signing from Martinez...

By huge i dont mean lukaku level huge but £15-20mil huge.

He's delivered and stood firm on Stones...hes also stated each window we will be stronger (we are) but also said to judge spend on the last day of the window.

I can really see a big signing coming in...theres still a lot of players out there who we could go for at large clubs who dont need them....

Of course Isco is very unlikely but what do madrid do when their window closes and were the only ones bidding....could be a few opportunities here...
If Isco is available there will be bigger clubs than us in for him - unfortunately.

Looks like one of our two attackers will be Lennon - he's not a bad addition but he's not what we need. We need a quality number 10, not a hard working winger. He's better than nothing though so would def take him!

I have to read this thread with my speakers turned off.
The whine that comes out of them is quite disconcerting.

I think MOYES CARDY is the old DAVIDMOYES poster and he's been pretty spot on so far.

I trust we will get the right players in in time so stop panicking children.

What's all the fuss about how much we spend?

If Liverpool or anyone else for that matter spend £60m on 3 players and we get 3 players of equal ability for £8m, why on Earth should that be to our detriment?

All it means is that if or when Martinez wants too make another Lukaku level purchase, he has the funds to do it.

Last season was an aberration. We have an excellent squad and as long as we add the right pieces (and I'm sure we will) then we will progress.

I still think we are going to have a great season and all this whining will be forgotten until this time next year.

I can see it now "Champions League football and we don't have any champions league calibre players in the team." Whiiiiiiiine!"
Pollyanna?...is that you?

Dont worry tinkerbelle, we can still sign players from nations with closed windows.

They just cant sign replacements...

So could be a good thing if we go after unwanted players at clubs as their clubs may only have us bidding + teams will be throwing these types of names at us.

Another one bites the dust...

The chap with the really long name from Dortmund - is he any good? Also, does the German window shut tonight like the Spanish one or tomorrow?

Wouldn't really make sense, wouldn't offer us any more than Lennon would imo. Known for his pace, plays exclusively on the right and is 29.

Would rather get Lennon, but we need someone who can play on the left.

untitles.webp

Lets all spare a thought for the contract bloke. Poor guy is probably on a zero hours contract, sitting at home waiting for some transfer news.

Actually, not too different to us really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back