Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't , never head of him or leandro rodriguez. Just cant see where they will make squad stronger as this is what Martinez said wasn't it ? We will have a stronger squad come the end of the window ?

Distin was finished and Alcaraz was megatosh - Mori is surely an improvement
McGeady out, Lennon in - definitely an improvement

Squad stronger

That's how we should play it - if we have got a decent pool of cash, we should act like we haven't got a pot to urinate in. In any other walk of life you'd do that. You wouldn't walk in to a Mercedes showroom with a briefcase full of wonga chained to your wrist then try to haggle over the price.
Thats why we used to do the undisclosed bit because nobody knew what was left over. With us announcing all the fees it feels like we have a specific number in mind. All conjecture like but we will see.

If we sign Lennon and maybe that Munoz kid today and maybe even sell McGeady, you'd look at our business in the transfer window and it would be:

In

Funes Mori - CB
Deulofeu - RM
Cleverley - CM
Lennon - RM
Rodriguez - ST
Munoz - ST
Holgate - CB
Henen - ST

Out

Distin - CB
Alcaraz - CB
McGeady - RM

Ok, a couple of those "ins" are for the U21s for now, but you'd have to admit that if our objective for the transfer window is to end it in a stronger position than when we started it, we would have achieved that objective.

Having said that, in Pienaar's continued absence (and let's face it, it doesn't look like it'll ever get much better now) we have a real dearth of creativity in midfield and ability to play between the lines. Martinez said before the window even opened that a creative "number 10" player was a priority and if we don't get that player, despite the fact we'll still be stronger than we finished last season, it will feel like a failure of a window.

That one player would make the difference

I've heard Lennon is all but done, delayed because we have been trying to offload McGeady but his wages are a stumbling block. Nothing else on the horizon, though I wouldn't be surprised if we loaned a striker. Apparently Norwich interested in Naismith, he wants a regular start, but I for one would miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back