Travel thread 3.0

….having been away myself this last fortnight, just getting on a flight that leaves on time is increasingly rare.

On the trip to Cyprus from Manchester, we we were already an hour late and then had to sit for another hour on the plane because of a ‘technical problem’. Coming back on Sunday we were again delayed but sent to stand on the stairs of the plane in 31 degrees for 40mins because it wasn’t yet ready.

Liverpool airport seems much better than Manchester, I’d always chose Speke given the option.
Just sent off my compensation request. It was the last flight out of Stockholm on a Sunday night and I had to work the next day so had to rebook myself on the 6am flight the following morning. The free hotel they were putting people in was 5 miles away, so I booked myself into a hotel right at the airport so I'm hoping they'll pay me back for that too

But yeah it does seem like things are getting worse. Even the more expensive airlines seem to be messing around a lot these days

ahaha.

What kind of things are you into? Do you eat meat (there is a reason i ask for food)?

we did go Malmo eventually but one time we were there, we met this English guy who lives in Malmo says its like coming to London for the weekend and getting the train to Luton lol
Went to a restaurant in Malmo once called [Poor language removed] , was nice. The beer is great and nice square but everything Closes early though I recall . I might be thinking of Helsingborg though

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back