Travel thread 3.0

Just got back from an early retirement celebratory road trip largely in New Jersey.

Started off here
View attachment 273565

Took a few days to drive down to Cape May
View attachment 273566

Drove back up through Delaware and Maryland to spend the final day in Philadelphia
View attachment 273567

It was fab ...
I've spent a bit of time in Chester,New Jersey and Princeton

I really like New Jersey seems to get a bit hear from Americans...dunno why.

@Curtis can you enlighten me to this,Kind Sir?

I've spent a bit of time in Chester,New Jersey and Princeton

I really like New Jersey seems to get a bit hear from Americans...dunno why.

@Curtis can you enlighten me to this,Kind Sir?
It's has some negative stereotypes attached to it like people still dress like its the 80s acid wash jeans , listening to bon jovie or everyone is a roided out meat head wearing sleavless shirts in the winter, or that the state is just one giant landfill. Some of those stereotypes are still present or true to a certain extent but it's a decent state better than the deep south in my opinion 😂

It's has some negative stereotypes attached to it like people still dress like its the 80s acid wash jeans , listening to bon jovie or everyone is a roided out meat head wearing sleavless shirts in the winter, or that the state is just one giant landfill. Some of those stereotypes are still present or true to a certain extent but it's a decent state better than the deep south in my opinion 😂
So basically it's Newcastle of the States...yeah get it now🤣

We had a great time. A lot of contrasting and interesting places to see, all within easy driving distance. The people were friendly. Many seemed interested and somewhat bemused that we had chosen to visit there.

Even the rubbish places were good. For example, Atlantic City is, largely, a dump. However we found the 2 best restaurants of our trip there ...

Played golf in Rio de Janeiro yesterday! Unreal now off to Rock in Rio concert in an hour for the second time this week 😎

Played at the Gávea course you get your own caddie its boss! A little back drop of the mountains and a favela 👍

Attachments

• IMG_0513.webp
    IMG_0513.webp
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0527.webp
    IMG_0527.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0524.webp
    IMG_0524.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 2

Currently in Port Grimaud in the South of France....few kms from St Tropez so heading there to watch the match later....although looking forward to browsing the Saturday market there more than the football searching for some of my favourite cheeses Epoise and Reblochon. Went to Sainte Maxime last night which was really nice. Great part of the World.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back