Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Trivia Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catterick only won a 4th Division title with Rochdale. I'm assuming your question is framed in terms of before Everton.

Last edited:

Well I'm stumped but I'll guess Jimmy Gabriel won something in the US

Runner up was the best he did.

It's something I find interesting because as much as we have this proud tradition of great managers, none of them really had any big jobs elsewhere. Kendall, Catteirkc, Moyes and Royle all never won a trophy outside everton.

Arguably Martinez has the best cv of any manager we've ever hired (at the point we first hired them).

Kind of ironic I don't know the answer because I do remember saying a few weeks ago we never appoint managers with a record of winning anything significant (until today that is)

I don't suppose the answer is anything to do with the Management Committees (pre Kelly). Would Hardman (the Man U bloke) be anywhere near the answer?

with Villa? Wasn't it Ron Saunders?

I was thinking Newcastle, but then I remembered they haven't won a trophy in forever, so scratch that.

Turns out they were runner up in 1976, then he came to Everton and was runner up for a second year in a row.

(this may not be absolutely the total number - it's pretty difficult to be 100% sure)

(at least) 53 British and Irish footballers (including two born overseas but capped in the British Isles) have played for Everton and also played club football outside England and Ireland ("abroad") at some point in their career.

Can you name any of them? - so no foreign players returning overseas (e.g. Billy) - just British and Irish Everton players who also played abroad.

All played for Everton from the 60s onwards.. quite a few in the 70s (so a tough one I'm afraid).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back