TV Series

Great first ep

Yeah, fantastic. Goat said it earlier, but I could watch Pascal in anything and it actually took me almost a full episode to clock that the young one is the little lady Mormont in Game of Thrones. Looks incredible, well acted and already very tense. Actually looking forward to not binging it, as I have no knowledge of the game and have no idea what to expect

Currently watching The Capture on iPlayer. First British crime drama that I've enjoyed in a while. We're currently about half way through season 2 and I personally think it's been better than season 1, which I thought started off a bit slow.

Waco.

Watched this the other night. I was always fascinated by the case, remember it running on the news every night up until the fiery ending. It is apparently very close to "the truth" of what happened 30 years ago. Many don't realise that it wasn't just Americans holed up at Mount Carmel - there were Australians, and loads of Brits from Nottingham and Manchester. No Scousers sadly. Would have been funny to see one of Koresh's sermons interrupted by some smart arsed lid from Kirkdale: "Ey mate.... so yer wanna take me bird and my daughter as wives, wallop them senseless to produce children of god, take all me money....... what's in it for me? Can't we drink any ale, lad? When do we learn to fly?"

Features loads of familiar faces from the superb "Boardwalk Empire".

I found it kind of frustrating though. Despite the fact that both a surviving cult member and an FBI negotiator are credited as "creative consultants", it seems far more geared towards the Brand Davidians in terms of tone, sympathy and story balance. And it doesn't go into enough detail on Koresh himself.... His past, his sexual deviancy, his gun fetish, his ego..... It's always interesting seeing madmen. Can't fault the production design and the look of it. It's dead on. Just left far too many questions.

Waco.

Watched this the other night. I was always fascinated by the case, remember it running on the news every night up until the fiery ending. It is apparently very close to "the truth" of what happened 30 years ago. Many don't realise that it wasn't just Americans holed up at Mount Carmel - there were Australians, and loads of Brits from Nottingham and Manchester. No Scousers sadly. Would have been funny to see one of Koresh's sermons interrupted by some smart arsed lid from Kirkdale: "Ey mate.... so yer wanna take me bird and my daughter as wives, wallop them senseless to produce children of god, take all me money....... what's in it for me? Can't we drink any ale, lad? When do we learn to fly?"

Features loads of familiar faces from the superb "Boardwalk Empire".

I found it kind of frustrating though. Despite the fact that both a surviving cult member and an FBI negotiator are credited as "creative consultants", it seems far more geared towards the Brand Davidians in terms of tone, sympathy and story balance. And it doesn't go into enough detail on Koresh himself.... His past, his sexual deviancy, his gun fetish, his ego..... It's always interesting seeing madmen. Can't fault the production design and the look of it. It's dead on. Just left far too many questions.

We did a whole segment of my sociology class in college on this. It was mad.

We did a whole segment of my sociology class in college on this. It was mad.
The cult leaders always look like bad scruffy weirdos but get loads of coin and skirt.....If I'd known it was that easy I'd been doing it myself. Boss blaggers.... or maybe the recruits were just dumb sheep

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back