TV Series

I thought season 3 was more about the performance of Mahershala Ali.
He somewhat owns your attention!

Series one of True Detective, will never be eclipsed in it`s genre ( imo )

This then created a massive problem for every series that`s followed.

They`d have been better off, either giving Mc Conaughey and Harrelson complete control over a second series, that was a proper follow on from series one or not doing a second series at all.

They`d have been better of, either giving Mc Conaughey and Harrelson complete control over a second series, that was a proper follow on from series one or not doing a second series at all.

I love the way the first series was a standalone story that will be left alone. I think a lot of TV series should do the same thing

I love the way the first series was a standalone story that will be left alone. I think a lot of TV series should do the same thing

I fully understand why they did the follow on series, as financially, on the back of the massive success and critical acclaim of the first series, it was a total no brainer.

But, how do you better something that`s perfect, you can`t and you then leave yourself open to spending a load of money on a flop, such as the second series.

As you say, if they`d stopped at the first one, it would be a series that would be up there with the all time greats, but instead, with series two bombing and series three being good, but not a patch on the first one, it became kind of blurred.

For some reason Sky doesn't have ITVX yet. Not sure if you can get it online. But I'm fine with 6movies.net as there are no adverts to interrupt the flow. Watched the first 3 episodes and I'm hooked. The writing is brilliant. I don't think I've ever got a fix on the characters so quickly and so thoroughly. Not enough Charlie yet (in the Murphy sense I mean lol) but hopefully that will change.
ITVX is on Sky Glass!

@Marius57 The wife was watching Bad Sisters and after a few sneaky peaks I really enjoyed it.

Amazon Prime have announced that Clarksons Farm (s2) is released on Friday. Looking forward to that. Love him or Loath him, his Farm episodes are amazing.

Last edited:

They`d have been better off, either giving Mc Conaughey and Harrelson complete control over a second series, that was a proper follow on from series one or not doing a second series at all.
Yeah season one was almost perfect tv. Cinematography was awesome, storyline tight, it was original. Everything that followed was so bad.
Just pretended it only had one season

Any recommendations for Apple TV? As just got a year free.

Started with Ted Lasso. And Mythic Quest is also on my list.
Slow Horses
All man kind (stick with it, but slow to begin with)
Morning show season 1, tails off after that
Foundation (if you like sci-fi)
Black Bird
Invasion (sci-fi again an a little weird)
Try he Shrink Next Door.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back