TV Series

despite all the great reviews for happy valley i thought they completely messed up the end of the sub-plot storyline with the teacher, his wife and the pharmacist.
That final episode seemed a bit rushed and it maybe could have been made in to 2 episodes or at least an extended one. But it shouldn't detract from the series as a whole which I thought was fantastic TV. I'd not fancied it before but I binge watched the lot over the last week or so leading up to last nights finale. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen.

That final episode seemed a bit rushed and it maybe could have been made in to 2 episodes or at least an extended one. But it shouldn't detract from the series as a whole which I thought was fantastic TV. I'd not fancied it before but I binge watched the lot over the last week or so leading up to last nights finale. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen.
So I thought it was great but as @mightymoyes has said they seemed to tack on the results of the other two storylines as if they were completely irrelevant, effectively dismissing them from the finale . Very strange and as you say I can only assume they succumbed to time pressure which is odd

TLOU episode 4.

Another good one. Sticks very much to the game, IMHO, and nothing major happens, but
good intro to the next 2 characters.

Still visually perfect compared to the game.

There is, BTW, an edit of the game using the game cut scenes, and bits of gameplay, which is incredibly watchable...

Well worth watching if you don't know the game, and are interested in comparing...

Last edited:

It’s frustrating that British dramas stick solidly to 6 episodes per series. The BBC will rake it in off overseas sales as it’s one of their flagship shows. They definitely should’ve extended it by another couple of episodes.

This is where UK TV falls down compared to US TV. American series have much more breathing room to develop, even if it’s only 4 more episodes per season.

It’s frustrating that British dramas stick solidly to 6 episodes per series. The BBC will rake it in off overseas sales as it’s one of their flagship shows. They definitely should’ve extended it by another couple of episodes.

This is where UK TV falls down compared to US TV. American series have much more breathing room to develop, even if it’s only 4 more episodes per season.

It`s because they have much bigger budget to play with mate.

Some of the budgets for the big American tv series, rival those of blockbuster films.

It`s because they have much bigger budget to play with mate.

Some of the budgets for the big American tv series, rival those of blockbuster films.

For some UK broadcasters, sure, but the BBC has massive revenue (circa £5b per year). A couple of extra episodes of its biggest shows isn’t beyond their budget, particularly as they’ll make the outlay back several times over, particularly with overseas commercial sales.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back