TV Series

Seen loads of recommendations on here for The White Lotus. I'm nearly at the end of S1 Ep3 and I'm not really getting it.

Stellar cast will keep me going until the end, and hopefully the pay off will be worth it.

'Alone'

On season 7 at the moment. A bunch of outdoorsy people left alone in the wilderness and left to survive.

Quite a good series. Suffers from the usual reality disease of false peril, but decent despite it.

TLOU episode 6

Probably the weakest episode this far. Not too much happens, and the conversations between Tommy and Joel were meh.
Enjoyed the couple in the beginning. They were funny.
Needed more of the game's badassery in the fight at the university.
Agreed.
the couple were great. The stuff with Tommy was rubbish. Been talking about him all season and they flew past it. The university is such a big chapter in the game. And the giraffes moment is important in their relationship.

Feel they have skipped a lot and it’s like they are running out of time to fit it in.

In the game there’s loads of hunters and loads of infected and they made several comments about how dangerous it would be and implied there were loads of infected etc between Tommy and the university. Then they got there without issue and there was only 4 guys who didn’t have guns who just happened to walk past their window.

Agreed.
the couple were great. The stuff with Tommy was rubbish. Been talking about him all season and they flew past it. The university is such a big chapter in the game. And the giraffes moment is important in their relationship.

Feel they have skipped a lot and it’s like they are running out of time to fit it in.

In the game there’s loads of hunters and loads of infected and they made several comments about how dangerous it would be and implied there were loads of infected etc between Tommy and the university. Then they got there without issue and there was only 4 guys who didn’t have guns who just happened to walk past their window.
It's as though they are desperate to stay away from any 'zombie/infected' characterisation, but it's part of the game. The Giraffe bit was a superb part of the game, and it needs SOME action to create a feeling of peril. The story side is important but it needs context. The fighting inside the university needed more than 'people, oh I'm now stabbed'. It missed Ellie fending them off from Koel, her dragging him to safety, etc.

Not sure why they race swapped Maria, (or Sarah for that matter. It was weird seeing a clearly older girl pretending to be 12 and failng miserably.) It would be weird if they made Henry and Sam Asian. Not sure how they decide these things, or what it's supposed to add. Making Sam deaf certainly didn't add anything.

Still enjoying it though, it just feels they are steaming through and leaving out bits that would feed both aspects of story and gameplay. No-one expects an hour of creeping round a building killing infected or baddies, but you need a bit of peril.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back