Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

TV Series

Just watched S2Ep2 of House Of Dragon. It's a bit meh isn't it? GOT worked because there were likeable characters - even the plain evil ones often had charm. And it felt like a living breathing world with sunlight and humour.

HOD just has loads of angry men doing stupid rash things and women standing around looking pained while the camera lingers on their pained mournful expression for seemingly 10 minutes usually looking into the distance in a gloomy room or lay in a bath in a gloomy room. Sometimes they'll argue with a man in a gloomy room, bemoan a man to another woman in a gloomy room and even have sex with one of those men in a gloomy room.

Just watched S2Ep2 of House Of Dragon. It's a bit meh isn't it? GOT worked because there were likeable characters - even the plain evil ones often had charm. And it felt like a living breathing world with sunlight and humour.

HOD just has loads of angry men doing stupid rash things and women standing around looking pained while the camera lingers on their pained mournful expression for seemingly 10 minutes usually looking into the distance in a gloomy room or lay in a bath in a gloomy room. Sometimes they'll argue with a man in a gloomy room, bemoan a man to another woman in a gloomy room and even have sex with one of those men in a gloomy room.
I think its very impressive tbh.

To turn a show about Dragons and sex into the most mind-numbing TV shows in history does require huge talent.

Im being harsh of course, its not the worst ever and I thought it ended S1 quite well, but its been meh so far this season.

You sure you've not put eastenders on by accident?

I quite liked the first series. Was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t awful and some of it was really good. Can’t get into the second series at all. For a lot of the reasons you mention. I also just don’t really care about any of the characters. Most of the time it’s just really boring.

I quite liked the first series. Was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t awful and some of it was really good. Can’t get into the second series at all. For a lot of the reasons you mention. I also just don’t really care about any of the characters. Most of the time it’s just really boring.
I watched S2E3 yesterday and don't recall a single thing that happened. You're right about the characters. It's difficult to care about any of them but if it follows the GOT methodology they'll all start being killed soon and I'll feel better.

And just watched House Of Dragons S2E3

They took a slightly improved episode, though still wallowing in it's angry foolish men and worried women in gloomy rooms habit, but actually had a little action and even a bit of humour.

But then it undid everything with some horrendous plot contrivance seemingly just to find a way to place two actors in the same scene. It's involved one character doing something irredeemably stupid and relies on the other character also being irredeemably stupid immediately afterwards otherwise the entire point of the series stops there and then.

Ep 4 will have to start with something genuinely brilliant and unforeseen for the writers / showrunners / producers not to have officially made absolute garbage of their show. And I say that as someone who didn't think S8 of GOT was that bad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back