TV Series

Yeah I singled out the red wedding but the first 7 seasons were honestly just amazing.

Tell Cersei it was me.

I actually didn’t mind the last series tbh,

It was a crying shame they had to condense it and leave so much unanswered, but when you read how much it was costing to produce each episode and what some of them were getting paid, you kind of understand why they called it a day.

It was a crying shame they had to condense it and leave so much unanswered, but when you read how much it was costing to produce each episode and what some of them were getting paid, you kind of understand why they called it a day.
As a standalone it wouldn't be looked on as badly, but there was a huge drop off in Season 8 and as you say, everything just seemed rushed to a conclusion.

Started watching Marvel in timeline order. Really been enjoying Agent Carter.

(Which Disney didn’t have in the timeline list so I watched up to Avengers and have had to go back to it).

Coming to the end of season 1 and just finding it quite enjoyable. Never really watched any of the Marvel series.

Acolyte finale was new levels of bad.

Thought it was the best episode.

I'm so glad that I've finally stopped watching Disney Star Wars stuff. One little clip of this latest episode of the Acolyte was enough to convince me that its definitely not for me anymore.
because why on earth would anyone turn Darth Plagueis the wise into Gollum from Lord of the Rings?!

Darth who?

I thought The Acolyte was quite a bit better than Obi Wan and The Book of Boba Fett. I know that’s not saying much but still.

Levels above both.

Definitely. Can't really fault the story but how they told it seemed poor. Will watch it back at some point as certain things will probably stand out and signpost a bit more knowing the ending.

Definitely. Can't really fault the story but how they told it seemed poor. Will watch it back at some point as certain things will probably stand out and signpost a bit more knowing the ending.

There was massive gaps in some of the story lines, which made some of the episodes feel really disjointed.

But when each episode was costing the same as a film to make and some of the leads getting 2mil an episode, something had to give.

It’s a shame that money ended up getting in the way of what was probably the best tv series of its genre ever to be made ( and will probably remain so for a very long time )

Started watching Marvel in timeline order. Really been enjoying Agent Carter.

(Which Disney didn’t have in the timeline list so I watched up to Avengers and have had to go back to it).

Coming to the end of season 1 and just finding it quite enjoyable. Never really watched any of the Marvel series.
I've watched a couple (WandaVision, Falcon Winter Soldier) but they seemed a bit empty as they ultimately have to hit a big reset button and not veer too far from where they start so as not to upset the film continuity. Loki does it's own thing but veering into timelines and multiverse has kinda killed it for me - nothing actually matters anymore as you can always nip back or sideways for a spare.

Entertaining enough though which is ultimately the point.

There was massive gaps in some of the story lines, which made sone of the episodes feel really disjointed.

But when each episode was costing the same as a film to make and some of the leads getting 2mil an episode, something had to give.

It’s a shame that money ended up getting in the way of what was probably the best tv series of its genre ever to be made ( and will probably remain so for a very long time )
They rushed the killing off of a tonne of characters without giving them satisfying send offs. They’d have been better off leaving a load of stories open ended or doing a film.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back