TV Series

Finished Sugar.
Never saw the twist, knew there was something different, but didn't expect that.
Colin Farrell, what can I say. He was never someone I watched but between this, and The North Shore, he is becoming one of my fave actors.
Love it.

Well I binge watched Love/Hate the last week and so glad I did. I had attempted it a couple of times before gave up after a couple of episodes as it came across as an Irish Hollyoakes due to the young actors but I was so wrong. The development of the characters was so good and thankfully they all got their comeuppance in the end .

alice_in_borderland_ver2_xxlg.jpg
On episode 1 of this and its got a lot of promise.
Set in the insanely busy Shibuya crossing district of Tokyo, three nerdy drop-out lads get chased by cops for a minor street offense.

They hide in a cubicle in the train station and suddenly there's a power cut. They emerge and walk into an eerily deserted city... kind of like all the Romero post-apocalyptic zombie horror films. They are silently directed by lights to a "game" building and are then drawn into a twisted "Escape Room" type contest where the penalty for not solving the puzzles is death...

Think "Squid Game" meets "Dawn of the Dead" meets "The Running Man".

It's got characteristically warped Japanese humour, some nasty bad decisions and some ingenious puzzles that you'll want to rewind to work out.

Check it out.

View attachment 270634
On episode 1 of this and its got a lot of promise.
Set in the insanely busy Shibuya crossing district of Tokyo, three nerdy drop-out lads get chased by cops for a minor street offense.

They hide in a cubicle in the train station and suddenly there's a power cut. They emerge and walk into an eerily deserted city... kind of like all the Romero post-apocalyptic zombie horror films. They are silently directed by lights to a "game" building and are then drawn into a twisted "Escape Room" type contest where the penalty for not solving the puzzles is death...

Think "Squid Game" meets "Dawn of the Dead" meets "The Running Man".

It's got characteristically warped Japanese humour, some nasty bad decisions and some ingenious puzzles that you'll want to rewind to work out.

Check it out.

Just a bugbear of mine: this came out prior to Squid Game. Seems to always get compared to SG like some imitation. It’s far better than SG.

It’s also insanely popular. You’re very late to the party 😂

Just a bugbear of mine: this came out prior to Squid Game. Seems to always get compared to SG like some imitation. It’s far better than SG.

It’s also insanely popular. You’re very late to the party 😂
Yeah based on a manga apparently. I haven't had as much time for tv for a good while and fancied trying something strange. I like the Asian perspective with TV and movies and pop culture and so far (episode 2) this looks a great fit

Yeah based on a manga apparently. I haven't had as much time for tv for a good while and fancied trying something strange. I like the Asian perspective with TV and movies and pop culture and so far (episode 2) this looks a great fit

I wish I could watch Alice in Borderland for the very first time again, you’re in for a treat! It’s just bonkers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back