TV Series

I wish I could watch Alice in Borderland for the very first time again, you’re in for a treat! It’s just bonkers.
Finished Episode 2 last night. Mac-10 guns blazing, Horse-headed masked killers, female parkour contestants and nerds getting seduced by beautiful females. Only in Japan!

I'm about half way through and enjoying it overall but I think the main English guy is a very weird casting decision and he doesn't fit at all for me. It's very jarring
I thought he did well. He's playing it as a "know-all" Englishman who is ignorant, dumb and completely out of place in his new environment. He gradually learns and adjusts...just about. It's a terrific show, I like the fact he isn't shoehorned into "being the token white saviour hero". Had enough of that from Scientology crank Cruise, thank you Hollywood.

Yeah based on a manga apparently. I haven't had as much time for tv for a good while and fancied trying something strange. I like the Asian perspective with TV and movies and pop culture and so far (episode 2) this looks a great fit
I wish I could watch Alice in Borderland for the very first time again, you’re in for a treat! It’s just bonkers.

Rumours that a third season could happen - but I'm not sure that there's even much more source material left is there?

At a nothing to watch crossroads.

Starting to look at shows I missed at the time.

What's the census on man in the high castle?
I thought it was terrific. Slow burner but fascinating. I've never read the book so have no set vision in my head of "How it should go". It's definitely worth your time though. Some chilling stark moments of alternative history and some incredible visuals (Battleship Yamato passes under the golden Gate bridge). Great performances, especially from the lead Rufus Sewell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back