• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

U.S. striker Charlie Davies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i heard about this earlier today i was gutted. thankfully early reports are saying his life is not in danger, hang in there speedy charlie!

Broken femur and tibia, face fractures and broken elbow, not to mention the bladder laceration. Docs say 6-12 months of rehab. There are pictures of the car, and honestly, he's very lucky to have only come away with mostly broken bones. How 2 out 3 people could survice that wreck is a little amazing.

My reaction to the photo of the car was "that's all that's left?"

That two survived that is not only a miracle, it's a tribute to the rescue personnel and medical professionals of Northern Virginia. Kudos to all of them for being there, and for being so good at what they do. Here's hoping Charlie fully heals both physically and mentally from this ordeal. He's in our thoughts and prayers.

I just heard about this in a college football forum of all places. Sad story I hope he makes a recovery, he was one of my favorites in the US team. I know it was in Northern Va. everytime I drive on the DC beltway I see a horrible accident. Thoughts go out to the person who died.

of course the giant gorilla in the room is

was the driver drunk (whoever it may have been of the 3) and why the hell was Davies out at 3am just 30 hours or so until a game?

of course the giant gorilla in the room is

was the driver drunk (whoever it may have been of the 3) and why the hell was Davies out at 3am just 30 hours or so until a game?

Just the question that hasn't been asked yet! Not to be presumptive but unfortunately, it does need to be asked especially when the accident occurred at 3:30 A.M.

I guess we shall see about the driver. The GW parkway where he wrecked is supposed to be a windy road that many people speed on b/c its too narrow for the cops to patrol. In a weird twist of fate someone on Cohen's radio show also pointed out that if Pavon makes the penalty against the US then Charlie probably isn't out at 3am.

On other notes that match was the most depressing USMNT game ever. We have more injuries than Everton does now (and just as things were going well). Gooch tore his tendon but is supposed to make the WC. I'm not so sure.

Donovan was called the player of the match by most publications I read. He was decent but isn't half the player w/o Davies. Now teams can close down Donovan and only Davies had the pace to get onto the Donovan's unlocking pass which is what he's best at. On thing is for sure we won't be scoring a goal like the 2nd one against Brasil in the Confed Cup final w/o Davies.

Bornstein looked very good that was his best game for the USMNT. He's still way over his head when it comes to playing really good sides but he's OK for CONCACAF. He needs to take another step and get out of Chivas now. Now that he has cap going to a Championship side like DeMerit or say a Scandivian squad like Davies and Feinhaber are at will improve his game by leaps and bounds b/c he still has alot to learn. All the young players who have gone to Europe (even the small countires/lower leagues) have improved tremendously.

I've always been in Bradley's corner but he hasn't been playing well. He needs playing time in Germany.

Not sure what the status on DeMerit is. I know he's been injured all year.

Torres looked very good his passes in the final 1/3rd were opening up lots of space for crosses.

I know he scored 2 goals against Honduras but hopefully we could all agree that Casey is a tremendous waste of space. He can't even get a header on the ball (in fact one of his goals came from deflecting off his shoulder b/c he missed the header). I'd even rather see Cooper in the lineup than him. Hopefully we'll get Dempsey upfront (his best position) with Altidore. Holden and maybe even Torres could play RW.

Before the injuries I'd say we'd be able to get to the knockout round and maybe a quarterfinal run in any group we are placed in. Now I think it depends on the draw. Luckily there is alot of just horrible teams in the 2010 WC and you could end up in a group with say Switzerland and North Korea.

I know he scored 2 goals against Honduras but hopefully we could all agree that Casey is a tremendous waste of space.

I told my brother this immediately after Casey put the sitter Jozy gave him into row z... I really wish he hadn't scored the two against honduras cause now he will never be dropped, especially now considering the Davies dilemma

Where's McBride?

He's old but he's still getting it done for the Fire and he could easily go out there for 45 minutes and punch the old onion sack. If Blanco can still play 90 minutes for Mexico, McBride can handle 45 for the USMNT.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/08/AR2010100805668.html

"PARIS -- A French newspaper is reporting that American forward Charlie Davies, who nearly died in a car crash last year, was caught speeding at 125 miles per hour last weekend.

The website of Le Progres newspaper reported Friday that Davies was driving an Audi Q7 last Sunday when he was caught on a motorway in France's Jura region.

Davies, who plays for French club Sochaux, was involved in a car accident on Oct. 13, 2009, that killed another passenger and left him severely hurt. He was not the driver.

He suffered two broken bones in his right leg, a broken and dislocated left elbow, a broken nose, forehead and eye socket, a ruptured bladder and bleeding on the brain.

The 24-year-old missed the World Cup.

Davies scored two goals for Sochaux against Bordeaux near the start of the 2009-10 season, but has not yet played on the first team this season.

He has four goals in 17 games for the U.S. and played a part in the run to the 2009 Confederations Cup final.

After an incredible recovery, Davies returned to training with Sochaux in March this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back