Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he's proven himself as a serial European trophy winner he should defo come to 11th placed Everton who haven't won a trophy in 21 years and still bang on about a crap European trophy that they won 31 years ago against a wretched side in the final.

I reckon he'd even take a paycut to leave the beautiful city of Seville and drop their Champions League football to take over Everton with domestic football to look forward to.

Now he's proven himself as a serial European trophy winner he should defo come to 11th placed Everton who haven't won a trophy in 21 years and still bang on about a crap European trophy that they won 31 years ago against a wretched side in the final.

I reckon he'd even take a paycut to leave the beautiful city of Seville and drop their Champions League football to take over Everton with domestic football to look forward to.
Fyi his wages he is in now are less than Martinez and moyes wages.

Darth Vader said:
Why would he make a step sideways

In fact its a step down as we don't have European football

By looking at the long term and not just the next 12month's ? Better backing? A challenge ? A massive wedge when he gets top 4 ?

Precisely, good to see not everyone is so negative about our prospects. We're a long term project, a blank canvas, money to spend - from a potential Manager's point of view that's a massive opportunity,

Sobering.

He's a boyhood blue Chico laarr;):)

@The Esk said we are using a recruitment/executive search / headhunting company.

These guys will discuss our requirments with us and create a template of the manager we want...also perhaps the DOF.

They will then privately approach these individuals in a neutral capacity for an informal chat. Then based on that narrow down the list.

They then present us with the list and we ask them to have a more formal chat with them before the list gets smaller again. We then hold initial interviews.

Unless the recruiter or managers disclose anything to the press they wouldnt know.
Fair enough but I don't believe you can do things like this in private any more. It always get's leaked by someone and it's usually agents to get a better deal for their clients.
I don't believe we've spoken to anyone yet and hope we are going about it as you say and we have a list of potential targets but if this guy is at the top of it then it would explain why it seems quiet up to now.

Maybe the people selling the club to him will talk about the future rather than the past?

Depends. I like both Koeman's and De Boer's upbringing and playing careers which will steep them in the winning mentality a bit. Although a good playing career is obviously not the be all and end all.

There's pros and cons to everyone I suppose.

I've just looked at Emery's career. Woeful playing. Can get over that of course.
Decent to a point management before Sevilla.

Guess I'm just into Dutch things at the moment.

Dunno about tht mate; what in the world has FDB done to convince you he's qualified to take Everton forward, apart from, as you said, having had a stellar playing career?

When I look at FDB I think 'bang average'.

Emery on the other hand looks like he might have something about him.

Dunno about tht mate; what in the world has FDB done to convince you he's qualified to take Everton forward, apart from, as you said, having had a stellar playing career?

When I look at FDB I think 'bang average'.

Emery on the other hand looks like he might have something about him.

I like them both from all I've read to be honest and would be happy with either.

Emery has don't good with the UEFA cup wins of course but is his league form good? Actual question, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back