Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important part about that is " Fair market value" , which to me basically means, more money for the bigger, richer clubs, whose market value far exceeds the value of Everton or Newcastle's. Keeps our big clubs big and our smaller clubs small.

It will be very hard to establish something isnt fair value, when you consider City jumped from nowhere to have the biggest sponsorship value in the league.

If Everton or Newcastle did the same, that would be wholly legitimate with the established protocols.

It will be very hard to establish something isnt fair value, when you consider City jumped from nowhere to have the biggest sponsorship value in the league.

If Everton or Newcastle did the same, that would be wholly legitimate with the established protocols.
the general understanding is that the market value is what someone is prepared to pay, that wont work in these circumstances and anything else is subject to bias, corruption and artificially affecting the market place.

the general understanding is that the market value is what someone is prepared to pay, that wont work in these circumstances and anything else is subject to bias, corruption and artificially affecting the market place.

Market value is what the market is willing to pay. So if someone offers it, and they have removed the related party nonsense, hard to see any legal grounds it can be challenged.

Anyone remember when success could come from the skill and eye of a manager assembling talented pkayers from around the country? Today it depends solely on how wealthy the owner is and how much they're willing to pay agents for obvious household names while accountants dodge ffp rules.

One was football, the other accountancy.
FF326DBC-DBC9-4EA7-A402-F4096BB1E349.jpeg

It seems a long time ago now I allowed myself to be swept along in the excitement of this takeover.
So desperate was I to see Everton rejoin the elite that I hypocritically ignored the more questionable aspects of this deal.
Well, my personal hypocrisy has earned it’s just reward, 5 years of decline for Everton.
Money can’t buy you love or a successful football team it seems.
If our situation had occurred at another club I would be laughing my self righteous head off.
As the adage goes ‘When you lay down with dogs you arise with fleas’ and we have arisen with a fat Spanish flea engorging itself on EvertonF.C.
Lesson learnt, don’t compromise your personal morals.
As The Who sang ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’.

If there had been no take over, ask your self and youir supporters where would we be now.

Important part about that is " Fair market value" , which to me basically means, more money for the bigger, richer clubs, whose market value far exceeds the value of Everton or Newcastle's. Keeps our big clubs big and our smaller clubs small.
I'm guessing that legally it could be argued that if another club are getting that level of sponsorship in the league then it's a fair market rate. It's all subjective and open to argument.

Seriously, there's no chance Usmanov nor Moshiri are going to completely fund BMD themselves - guys like them use institutional money, not their own.

Just commenting, could also charge it to one of Usmanov's companies and cover it by tranferring ownership to there.

It seems a long time ago now I allowed myself to be swept along in the excitement of this takeover.
So desperate was I to see Everton rejoin the elite that I hypocritically ignored the more questionable aspects of this deal.
Well, my personal hypocrisy has earned it’s just reward, 5 years of decline for Everton.
Money can’t buy you love or a successful football team it seems.
If our situation had occurred at another club I would be laughing my self righteous head off.
As the adage goes ‘When you lay down with dogs you arise with fleas’ and we have arisen with a fat Spanish flea engorging itself on EvertonF.C.
Lesson learnt, don’t compromise your personal morals.
As The Who sang ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’.
But we do - everytime, so it might as well be Uncle Uzzie

Status
Not open for further replies.