Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had always been sceptical about Usmanov getting involved here but the timing of his departure from Arsenal is difficult to ignore. It appeared early on in the transfer window that we were in a sell to buy position and then all of a sudden at the end of the window we are chucking big money around and paying high wages

....and so, another chapter in the plot to make Everton the second richest club in the Premier League. The plotters.....Bill Kenwright, The Russian Usmanov, The Iranian Moshiri. The seeds of this plot were sown at many secret and not so secret lunches and meetings involving Bill Kenwright and another minor but significant member of the cast….David Dein, former Chairman of Arsenal, and long time very close friend of Bill Kenwright. Then Usmanov joined them at some meetings, and Dein, having interested Usmanov and set up communication between BK and Usmanov, disappeared from the scene, to be replaced by Moshiri, who acted for Usmanov and WAS Usmanov in all but name.
We are now approaching the endgame, Usmanov has escaped the shackles of Arsenal, and is free to come out into the open and state his ambition. When his ambition comes to pass, the original instigator of the plot, Bill Kenwright,will ride off into the sunset never to be seen again, but with a parting word for all Evertonians.

'I am leaving you now. My work here is done'

I posted the below in August 2016 and the only bit I screwed up on is the fact we would be closer to the top 4/6 and the winning part:

I think despite all the naysayers i think this will eventually happen. Moshiri is putting in the groundwork to progress in all areas before Usmanov wants to be associated with us. I would liken it to someone dumping their supermodel wife for a tramp that's 30 years older, at the moment it just ain't going to happen. But if over a period of time we start to become part of the established top 4/6 and we begin to win trophies again, especially if Arsenal continue to stagnate, then I see it a matter of when and not if.

I don't think for one minute Usmanov is a life long Arsenal supporter, they just happened to have a great team at the time (based in London) and it just fitted in with image he wanted to outwardly display. Men like him are not used to seeing anything bar marble, ebony and the finest leather, the common factor in all of these are that none can be found inside Goodison's more cattle market like innards.

However I'd imagine when his super yacht docks yards from his new super stadium and then walks into his own palatial suite decked out however he fancies, to watch one of the best teams in the world play, that will more than fit the image he tries to project to the world.*

(* this is completely my own personal view and I'm not affiliated to Moshiri, Usmanov or anyone else connected to Everton or Arsenal football clubs, or indeed to ANY other persons of notable interest full stop. I would therefore advise people to take financial advice before acting on the wild hunches listed above. I have been known to be wrong MANY times before.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back